Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here's another idea, Visual Voice mail message

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

There are some handsets that have the option

Would be nice if PM had that feature

It shouldn't matter if it's a 3rd tier 

PM should benefit from the same pool of resources that Tel and Koodo have as it would make PM feel equal

6 REPLIES 6

@fleur wrote:

How do you do this "It just involves changing your conditional call forwards to Youmail's Canadian voicemail number instead of Public Mobile's" as mentioned in your post in January. 

When you sign up for an account at youmail.com, they will give you the codes to dial to change the conditional call forwards on your phone. When it asks for which carrier you are using, Public Mobile is not listed, but you can choose "Telus Mobility" or "Rogers" - In my case they told me 438 800 2666, so the code to dial was:

*004*4388002666#

Afterwards, to undo this and go back to Public Mobile voicemail, you reset it with ##004#

Good luck, and let us know how it goes for you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fleur : In your dialer. Or using dial codes. "Conditionals" are like no answer, or busy or unavailable. You set them to the number that the other service gives you.

fleur
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

How do you do this "It just involves changing your conditional call forwards to Youmail's Canadian voicemail number instead of Public Mobile's" as mentioned in your post in January. 

Thanks,

Fleur

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@makkahn28 

You can achieve free visual-voicemail-like functionality using Youmail.com. It just involves changing your conditional call forwards to Youmail's Canadian voicemail number instead of Public Mobile's.

Then, your voicemails will be emailed to you as an attachment, and with the free level 20 messages per month will get a text transcription included in the email as well. You don't even have to install the app. Once I had it setup via the web, I rarely login there anymore.

Choose either TELUS or Rogers Wireless for the carrier choice in the setup - both seem to work for me.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@makkahn28 @gpixel I'm not sure about Telus, but Koodo charge a monthly add-on fee for visual voicemail. I think it's up to $5 a month now if I'm not mistaken.  I briefly tried it when it was $2 per month and still didn't bother keeping it as I get so few (legitimate*) voicemails that it just wasn't worth it to me.  Your mileage may vary.  Most people instant message me now, both professionally and personally and all of my meetings are via Teams or WebEx.

* by this, I mean excluding scam/spam callers whom often leave those prerecorded messages and threats 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@makkahn28 I agree, it would be nice to have. the logic is to upgrade to Telus or Koodo if those are features you desire. 

a workaround is to use a website or app like youmail.com

Need Help? Let's chat.