cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with porting my number back

TonyV
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

So there was the promo this weekend for PM's 2gb for $30. I tried to port my number out and port it back. I failed miserably at it and now I just want to be able to port back my old number with PM. I first ported it out to Fido with their $1/day pay per use plan. I then tried to register a new account but it says my number is currently being used. I don't have a plan with PM at the moment. Could someone please help me with this?

Tony

14 REPLIES 14

@TonyVIn your original message you mentioned you are paying Fido by the day.. have you made sure that your Fido account is still active? Both Public Mobile and Fido accounts have to be active in order for the porting to be successful. You don't want to get into a situation that Fido releases the number back to the number pool of your original carrier where you first got that number.

TonyV

@GinYVR Ok. Thanks for for everyone's input. I really appreciate all of your help!

@TonyVIt sounds like you are in the middle of porting from Fido to Public Mobile, hence you cannot receive, but you can send. Hopefully it is not a stuck port.. give it a bit more time.

TonyV

@mimmo @Dunkman Ok thanks guys! I was able to successfully port my old number back to PM with the new plan. However, a new set of issues have appeared. I cannot receive texts or calls but I can make calls and send texts. My data seems to be working fine. I looked into this a little bit but couldn't find a successful solution. I believe that I should be updating the SMSC on my phone to 16475800172 for PM network but that just gives me an error

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@TonyV   Use the link @Dunkman   provided.  and activate on a temp number to make sure the activation goes properly.  dont forget to use a reveral taht way you will get $10 credit (cost of the sim)

once activated you should be able to port, as I believe your pm acccount is closed

@TonyV 

It looks like from your screenshots that you are setting up self service account.  You can't do that yet.  You need to activate your new SIM card.  

https://activate.publicmobile.ca

It should look like the following:

Pasted Graphic 7.png

TonyV

@mimmoMy old PM sim does not work. I bought the new sim card at a store but I didn't activate it there. I ported my number to Fido first and am currently trying to set up my new PM account and activate the sim card and port back my old number.

mimmo

@TonyV  does your old pm sim work? if yes your orriginal port did not go through.

did you activate a new pm sim at a retail store?  if yes did you try to port your fido  (old pm number) during activation?  this would be the only reason you need to enter your original tel number to create a new selfserve account.  

TonyV

@geopublic Yeah, I can still access my old PM account. Guess, I'll just wait until tomorrow then to see if I can continue.

@TonyV wrote:

My port to Fido was successful. It was confirmed by their rep on the phone. When I tried to make a new PM account with a new email, it asks to verify my number. The only number I have is the one that's currently with Fido. When I input it, it says that it is currently registered and I can't make a new account. I can still log in to my old PM account though.1.png

@TonyV  Are you able to login into your old selfserve account? If yes, the port is not yet complete.

TonyV

My port to Fido was successful. It was confirmed by their rep on the phone. When I tried to make a new PM account with a new email, it asks to verify my number. The only number I have is the one that's currently with Fido. When I input it, it says that it is currently registered and I can't make a new account. I can still log in to my old PM account though.1.png

mimmo

@TonyV   activate a new account with PM under the promo, using a temporary number. that way you lock in the deal.

then deal with the porting tomorrow.

justto be clear.

1) your pm-> fido port need to be completed which closed teh pm account. (assuming your old pm sim does not work)

2) your fido account needs to be active ie make and receive calls inorder to port back to pm

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@TonyV  Means that your port hasn't completed yet. You need to wait for it to complete before porting back in.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@TonyVDid the port out to Fido successful? ie everything is working and your PM SIM card is not working?

Then you need to create a new PM account with a new email and a temporary number.. once that is all done and working.. you transfer your number from Fido is back.. do note your Fido account has to be active during the porting process.

Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 10.31.24 AM.png

Need Help? Let's chat.