cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hearing someone pressing a keypad while on a phone call

countonalex
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

this was happening when i was speaking with my parents, i thought maybe one of them was talking on the phone with me while the phone was being pressed against their ear/shoulder. 

i told my mom to stop pressing the buttons and she said it wasn't her, it was me.. so we both heard the noise (i wasn't able to hit the buttons on my iPhone 7 Plus as the screen was dim)

just now i was talking with a friend on the way home. both her and i were connected to our respective in-car bluetooth devices and i still heard numbers being pressed. 

the number pressing is random throughout the call. i think in my 17min call i heard it about 4-5 times. 

is this a known issue? kind of annoying and not something i've ever experienced. has been happening the last few weeks on random phone calls. 

9 REPLIES 9

Dmcation
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Lol no we talk often and she mostly calls me. This is from a third party interference. 

@Dmcation thats funny!! I guess you talked too much and you mom is tired 🤣

Dmcation
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the same problem but only when I talk to my mom. The listener deliberately presses buttons to interrupt our conversation. It is disturbing and annoying. 

luke11992
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hey, I’ve had this problem too with my iPhone 6s! It's strange and I was also trying to figure out if there’s something I can do about it. 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@countonalexHave your iphone had the screen replaced? Does your screen has lag / errant pointer? That could be a problem too.

If it was just on one call it may have been a problem with the channels assigned to your call. Years ago, possibly on analog call service I recall occasionally hearing part of another conversation. If it was just an occasional single tone I do hear that quite often on calls though not specifically when on my cell phone, more likelynon a landline phone. I have never figured what causes that in a conversation. Always assumed it might be the other party on a cordless phone where the battery was starting to get low and the time was used to alert the user but it sounds exactly like a DTMF tone from a touchpad.

Terry

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@countonalex wrote:

this was happening when i was speaking with my parents, i thought maybe one of them was talking on the phone with me while the phone was being pressed against their ear/shoulder. 

i told my mom to stop pressing the buttons and she said it wasn't her, it was me.. so we both heard the noise (i wasn't able to hit the buttons on my iPhone 7 Plus as the screen was dim)

just now i was talking with a friend on the way home. both her and i were connected to our respective in-car bluetooth devices and i still heard numbers being pressed. 

the number pressing is random throughout the call. i think in my 17min call i heard it about 4-5 times. 

is this a known issue? kind of annoying and not something i've ever experienced. has been happening the last few weeks on random phone calls. 

@countonalex Have you installed any new apps lately? Maybe your phone is snooping on you. Try the sim in another phone, does it go away?

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@countonalex wrote:

I think it probably is the problem in your phone, my wife and I have accounts with PM, but we don't have this problem. I would suggest you may try power off your phone for 30 seconds or more then power on and hopefully the problem will be fixed.

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@countonalex wrote:

I can honestly say, with two PM phones, I have never had this issue. Sounds to me like the common element is your phone. Have you tried another phone with your SIM?

Need Help? Let's chat.