cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble with data usage. Add-on data disappears almost immediately

ispollock
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I exceeded my plan's data limit and purchased a 1 GB data add-on to get me through to the next billing cycle. This add-on gave me LTE for a few minutes or hours, then disappeared almost as suddenly. I have paid for one or two more since... it is not plausible to me that I have really used up all that data, as I only used it for essentials like checking e-mail. And when I look at my usage history I see nothing significant in the last few days.

8 REPLIES 8

ispollock
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Right, I found my way to Data Usage in public mobile. That's what's confusing me. I can see one huge use of data (900MB on Feb 3) which was obviously some app running on data without me noticing. Then I added 1 GB yesterday. Everything since then has been less than a few MB but it seems my 1 GB is still somehow gone from add-ons.

@will13am , @computergeek541 please remove @ispollock 's paacount information. Thanks.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@ispollock  For your privacy remove you acct info immediately as this is a public forum.

ed.png

Why are you purchasing the data add-on?. If you're regularly going over your data allotment change your plan with more data or submit a ticket to PM and ask them to renew your current plan early. Much cheaper than spending $30 for 1GB.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you log into your self service account under "Change Plan". Click "View my usage"..here you will be able to see your calls, texts and data used.. 

Sounds like something on your phone is eating up all your data...ensure apps are restricted from background data ..that wifi assist (iphone) or wifi+ (android) is turned off ..that connects you automatically back to data if the wifi signal is week.

Also if nothing is showing under My data and add-ons it means you used up all your data.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@ispollock can you check your data usage on your phone to see if it was in fact used up? Also check your apps  to see what apps are the main culprits. Put them to download only on WiFi. If you still feel that your data disappeared in error, contact a moderator and explain your situation. 

Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen . This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket )

@ispollock wrote:

I exceeded my plan's data limit and purchased a 1 GB data add-on to get me through to the next billing cycle. This add-on gave me LTE for a few minutes or hours, then disappeared almost as suddenly. I have paid for one or two more since... it is not plausible to me that I have really used up all that data, as I only used it for essentials like checking e-mail. And when I look at my usage history I see nothing significant in the last few days.

Account # xxxxxx

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ispollock wrote:

Account #xxxxxxxxx.

Are you looking on your phone or in the self-serve details?

Check all your apps for their background data use. Check for OS and app updates being done using wifi instead of any.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

First please click the 3 dots on right side of your post and edit the post to delete your personal information (account number)..as it's visible for the public to see.

Need Help? Let's chat.