cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have US Roaming and Data add-on, not working

moondin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi.  I purchased the 1GB 10 day plan and also us roaming.

I'm in la.  It is rarely working and when it does, it is very very slow. Can someone help?  Thanks.

37 REPLIES 37

moondin

i pointed to at&t.  says selected network not connected

moondin

my access point name is sp.mb.com

i'm not sure if i follow advie on thyat page to create new apn i might mess up my phone.

moondin

hi. yes i see the two add-ons in my details page.

full bars.

i have it connected to tmobile.  Okay i'll try connecting to at&t and see if it makes a difference.

thanks

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@moondin   So, is it working but just slow?  I don't think the data speed is capped like you are with PM here.  Is it showing using AT&T or T-Mobile?  If you use manual network , do you see both and can you choose?  Maybe try both to see if you see any difference in speed.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire
  • Please make sure you’ve added a roaming Add-On that includes the service you are trying to use. You can verify what’s included in your Add-On by signing into Self-Serve.
  • For data issues, make sure your APN settings are correctly configured. Find out how to verify APN settings for Android or iPhone.
  • Make sure your mobile device has roaming enabled.
  • If these solutions don’t work, please start a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon, to submit a ticket to the Moderator Team by clicking here(EN URL: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html).

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@moondin...

manually select either of T-mobile or AT&T to see if that helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@moondin : Do you see the line item in your My Data & Add-ons? Do you see the talk or text line items in the Plan Details page?

Are you getting bars of reception? Perhaps scan for and connect to one or the other of T-Mobile or AT&T. Maybe you connected to one automatically but then are maybe in a poor reception area.

Need Help? Let's chat.