cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have US Roaming and Data add-on, not working

moondin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi.  I purchased the 1GB 10 day plan and also us roaming.

I'm in la.  It is rarely working and when it does, it is very very slow. Can someone help?  Thanks.

37 REPLIES 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

@moondin wrote:

tmobile. works fast.

yes if i use up data withi 10 days i'll just buy more.  but it now shows up on my usage page so it's easier.  

i hope moderator can return whatever wrong plans i bought b4 so I can buy them again now when data runs out.  Apqarently i can't "stack".

I'm thinking they weren't wrong purchases. I think your phone blew through the data. But yes only the moderators can remove the add-ons before 10 days to let you re-buy. But really...keep tabs on what's using your data. Unless you don't care...and that's fine for you too.

If you're interested in further observations of roaming add-ons, test some things out after 10 - 24 hour periods. We'd all like to nail down the timing of when we can re-buy without moderator help.

Edit: for clarity...you can't "stack" the _same name_ data add-on.

moondin

thanks.  Okay i submitted ticket.  Thanks again everyone 🙂

cool it works.. and works fast  🙂

hey.. you can submit your ticket by messaging them directly:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

it might be slower, but you don't have to fight with the Chatbot to open the ticket.

Have fun and enjoy your your "trip"..  🙂  

moondin

tmobile. works fast.

yes if i use up data withi 10 days i'll just buy more.  but it now shows up on my usage page so it's easier.  

i hope moderator can return whatever wrong plans i bought b4 so I can buy them again now when data runs out.  Apqarently i can't "stack".

Anonymous
Not applicable

@moondin : lol the mistake is in what's using your data. 1.25gb of roaming data that fast is a costly problem. But hey it's your money. 🙂

Click on the cartoon quote button lower right and muddle your way through the stupid chatbot to get to submit ticket.

glad it works.. so, in the end, which network you connect to? and speed is ok?

hey, one thing to remind you... please note Roaming always expire 10 days after the purchase date.  So, if you buy the different batch on different days, they will expire on different date as well.

I believe you bought some in the beginning, assume it is couple days ago.  It will expire 10 days after that initial purchase

The batch you just bought would expire 10 days from today.

moondin

thanks for the help everyone!

"You likely need to ask the moderators to remove the 1gb and 250mb from your record to let you re-buy them. You can't stack the same name add-on during the 10 days."

how do I do this?  yes seems like i purchased incorrectly there.  thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@moondin : Yes it is confusing. The Plan Details page is good for seeing if you do have roaming talk and text. The front overview page is for measured add-ons like data. I would be having a close look at what is using your data. If you blew through 1.25 gb of data...that's a problem for the cost of it.

Then there's the re-buying. You likely need to ask the moderators to remove the 1gb and 250mb from your record to let you re-buy them. You can't stack the same name add-on during the 10 days.

moondin

bingo.  worked.

okay that page that says us roaming 1gb 10 day and 250mb10 day was confusig me. 

Can someone explain what I have?  I purchased 500mb.  

so for next 10 days i have 500mb now? and if i can't access internet, i purchase more?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@moondin : That's from your Plan Details page. It's the overview page counter that matters for data in this case.

moondin

yes it's a bit confusing. this is what i see now:

• US Roaming - 1 GB Data (10-day)
  • US Roaming - 250 MB Data (10-day)
  • US Roaming - 500 MB Data (10-day)
  • US Roaming - Unlimited Talk (10-day)
  • US Roaming - Unlimited Text (10-day)

i bought anoither 500mb roaming. b ut it already had us roaming 1gb and 250mb.  Which is weird. Also doesn't say if you went over it.

now in data usage it shows the 500mb with 0 bytes used.  I think that's good.  Let me try now.

you should see the new roaming data on your Self-Serve page.  Make sure you turn off all the auto download features (streaming app, Google Play  autoupdate , OS auto download) just in case it eats up your data

If AT&T still  not work, you might want to change back to T-Mobile... it's slow.. but at least it works

moondin

i just purchased more us roaming data.  I hope this was it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@moondin : If that's from your overview page then it would appear you don't have roaming data. Maybe post a screenshot of your overview page. Blank out personal info of course.

@moondin  yes, getting prepaid means you need to use their SIM card.   If you are waiting for calls, it will be trouble unless you can direct them to reach you in other means.  FB Messager or a temporary VOIP number.. or setup a new Whatsapp with the US number and people can still reach you on Whatsapp with that US number (it's free to use Whatsapp)

With  your 8.5 GB you showed us.. it's not roaming data isn't it? you bought 8.5GB US data?  

moondin

chose at&t. rebooted.

no dice.  no internet.

wil that APN method do anything yo uthink or just a hail mary?  This is so werid. Was working.  Can someione verify i haven't run out of roaming data? even though website says I have tons of data left.

moondin

prepaid meaning i buy a new sim card and just put it in?  i wnted to use pm since i want to get texts and calls from people on my #.

moondin

it says i have tons of gb left

Data & Data Add-Ons
Name Data Limit* (MB) Data Used** (MB) Remaining Data (MB) Status
8.5GB at 3G Speed 8704 320.799 8383.201

@moondin this is entirely possible, check Self-Serve to see what is recorded in terms of usage.   Make sure all your apps are locked down from Mobile download.  

No joke, if you are in US for more days, you would want to explore the pre-paid option there, it will certainly be cheaper and more data 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@moondin : The overview page counter will be accurate. How quickly...roaming...not sure.

moondin

i assume i haven't run out of roaming data no?  it says 300mb used in data usage but my phoine says roaming data is 1.3gb.  I bough 1gb for 10 days

@moondin  PM roaming only works on T-Mobile and AT&T, not Verizon.  

After you force AT&T on your network, try a reboot and see how it goes

(with Samsung S9, I think it's a common phone enough that band shouldn't be an issue..) 

moondin

i have a samsung galaxy s9.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@moondin : Public Mobile only has roaming agreements with T-Mobile and AT&T.

Edit: did you restart the phone after buying the add-ons?

moondin

yes.  i see:

My Add-ons

US Roaming - 1 GB Data (10-day)
US Roaming - 250 MB Data (10-day)
US Roaming - Unlimited Talk (10-day)
US Roaming - Unlimited Text (10-day)

Switched to at&t.  No internet at all.

switched to verizon. no internet.  I'm in Anahiem.  I even went outside and still nothing

you never know.. people are nice sometimes..  🙂  (let's hope.. and as I said, they might sell them prepaid option, which will help the OP anyway  🙂  )  

btw, i got this from an old thread, T-Mobile uses Band 71 for extended coverage.  So, if you don't have that band, you might get poor performance on T-Mobile and AT&T would be a better choice if possible

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech wrote:

I guess the best is to go to an AT&T store (or T-Mobile) and have someone to help?  (hope they will.. or at least they will try to sell you their Pre-paid package.. LoL)

Also, connecting well or not also depends on the available phone bands on your phone. 

I wonder if a store would help a non-customer with roaming? Wondering...not suggesting.

I guess the best is to go to an AT&T store (or T-Mobile) and have someone to help?  (hope they will.. or at least they will try to sell you their Pre-paid package.. LoL)

Also, connecting well or not also depends on the available phone bands on your phone. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@moondin : If your mobile data was working at home then you're fine for APN. And you see a roaming data line under your My Data & Add-ons? And yes you turned on roaming?

you should have choice to manual choose available network.  Look for AT&T.   

I read something saying  AT&T in more rural enviroments or TMobile if your phone has band 66 and is in dense urban environments

Also, some users did report their phone has poor TMobile and AT&T has better speed

Need Help? Let's chat.