cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: HOWTO: Purchasing Add-ons

@GlennK  Also one other thing, while you are using your phone as a GPS, there are a ton of other things happening in the backround outside of the navigation software, your e-mail will be syncing, your apps will be looking for updates, your contact back up, calender backp, etc

If you want to be sure 250mb will be enough you will want to set up temporary restrictions / firewall / limit access to things that are not essential

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the tutorial that nicely explains the steps and variations based on level of funds in the account.  HOWEVER ... I just travelled to the U.S. and the "Add Funds" using the same credit card on file for my automatic payment would not authorize and add funds to my account.  Extremely irritating and, in the end costly, as I had to use recharge.com and pay their fee.

Before you ask ... there was no problem with my credit card:  I called the bank that issued the card and tried multiple times after they assured me the card was fine.  Problem is definitely on the PM side and I would like to see a resolution before my next trip south.

@sgbrittain, sorry to see you had issues with your credit card.  As for recharge.com, unless you're from Alberta, the fees at recharge are less than the taxes you'd pay otherwise.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@sgbrittain wrote:

Thanks for the tutorial that nicely explains the steps and variations based on level of funds in the account.  HOWEVER ... I just travelled to the U.S. and the "Add Funds" using the same credit card on file for my automatic payment would not authorize and add funds to my account.  Extremely irritating and, in the end costly, as I had to use recharge.com and pay their fee.

Before you ask ... there was no problem with my credit card:  I called the bank that issued the card and tried multiple times after they assured me the card was fine.  Problem is definitely on the PM side and I would like to see a resolution before my next trip south.

Yes, I agree with you, the CC processing system at PM is not the best and hopefully they can improve upon it in the near future.

My only suggestion is before going on a trip to the US always make sure to add funds to your balance a couple a days before leaving in order to minimize the problems like the one you have experienced.

Oracle

@sgbrittain  just a word of caution, if your cc was declined fotmr the addon it might get rejected for autopay, I would try making a payment a couple days before to avoid a payment failure and loss of phone service. 

@sgbrittain wrote:

Thanks for your update and this is something I wish to avoid.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the detailed how-to! Worked great!

No.  You still pay the taxes regardless of method of payment.  But that's hardly the point.  I have prepay set up.  It works each and every month.  The PM system for purchasing add-ons OFFERS the option to pay with the credit card they have on file but ... it just doesn't work.  THAT'S the point and the issue that needs to be fixed.