cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: HOWTO: Purchasing Add-ons

yep thank you dear. but I have a balance of $13 in my account and i am selecting the $10 data add on and clicking on Buy add on but i am not getting the next options that you showed in your reply. I dont know y. can you suggest me anything for this?

Mayor / Maire

@akshaysm11 wrote:

yep thank you dear. but I have a balance of $13 in my account and i am selecting the $10 data add on and clicking on Buy add on but i am not getting the next options that you showed in your reply. I dont know y. can you suggest me anything for this?

Excellent question @akshaysm11.  Maybe try again in a different browser?

EDIT: As noted over on the other thread, you can't add add-ons to an inactive (suspended) account.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I did all the steps and the money came out of my credit card account and it shows in the add ons that i have them i just could not get any cell service for the whole time i was in the US .  Very frustrtating and i would like to be refunded.

HI @pearls,

We've responded to your private message!

Best,

Syed

Mayor / Maire

@pearls wrote:

I did all the steps and the money came out of my credit card account and it shows in the add ons that i have them i just could not get any cell service for the whole time i was in the US .  Very frustrtating and i would like to be refunded.

@pearls please see below to make the request:

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Thanks a lot. This really helps a lot.

I cant argue with the thoroughness of this reply and so many others think its great BUT...

here is what i did:

a couple of days before the expiry of my current us roaming package I topped up my account.  On November 29th my account was $24.00.

I then PHONED in and pushed the correct buttons to purchase the $20 talk text 250mb pkg. On the 30th, PM decucted $20 and my statement says it was for the $20 talk text 250mb package.

My account now shows a balance of $4.

So how do i now buy an option, which they already deducted for, and I dont have enough $ in the account since they already took it?

BTW  last time, on Nov 18 i had the same thing happen.  The mod asked for my name, PIN, and phone # and said he would try reactivated it and then asked me to turn my phone off for a minute and restart it.

I did.  It worked.

So I'll try ordering a package even though the balance is insufficient.

IF it works I will let you all know. 

Mayor / Maire

@scooter:

I don't think buying a roaming add-on will work with only $4 there.

But what does your Add-ons area say?

Does it show a roaming add-on?

And keep in mind that re-buying the same add-on doesn't work until AFTER midnight ET of your 10th day. The day you buy it is day 1. Even if only partial day.

And yes re-boot after buying an add-on. Every time.

Thanks for the guide, nicely done. However, not sure if you'll know this, I want to add some data for my son'st 90-day account. If I had changed his plan at the last refresh, I would have had multiple data options, and these for either 3G or 4G.

If I try to add this now, I can do 1GB for $30 or 200 MB for $10. The site neither explains whether this is a monthly fee or which kind of data it is. Not sure why they make this so complex.

Mayor / Maire

@Al_C wrote:

Thanks for the guide, nicely done. However, not sure if you'll know this, I want to add some data for my son'st 90-day account. If I had changed his plan at the last refresh, I would have had multiple data options, and these for either 3G or 4G.

If I try to add this now, I can do 1GB for $30 or 200 MB for $10. The site neither explains whether this is a monthly fee or which kind of data it is. Not sure why they make this so complex.

If you have a data component in your plan then the "speed" of the data add-on will be the same. If you don't have data then the "speed" will be at 4G.

Except for the US Roaming add-ons, all add-ons will stay on until consumed after only paying for it once. It is not a monthly re-payment. You pay for it only once.

The data add-ons heading refers to a 7 which is down in Terms & Conditions point #7.