cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: HOWTO: Purchasing Add-ons

Thanks for the positive feedback, everyone!

@Luddite yeah I tried to tackle the most likely workflow for most customers, but that's definitely an option as well.  If you go the manual pre-payment route, you'd skip over steps 4 and 5 and go right from 3 to 6.

@canucks4life yeah sorry it's a bit verbose!  lol.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Oracle

Luddite wrote:

Great work, thanks. 

BTW: if you know the cost of your add-on you could just click Make a Payment, add the funds then return to Buy an Add-on. That's what I do.

Tough crowd!  I don't purchase add ons that often but I think what @srlawren presented is the most intuitive approach.  If I go to the store, I find the item I want to buy and proceed to checkout at which point the cost is provided and payment is made.  The alternative of making a payment at the cashier and then going to get the goods seems backwards.  Of course, there is always many ways to pet (word change to avoid angst from the local SPCA) the proverbial cat. 

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Excellent guide, don't know why PM never came up with these detailed write ups 

Mayor / Maire

@srlawren, I can’t see the green!!!  Not dark enough for contrast, but I can find the items you describe as being in the green boxes.

Also, as @Luddite mentions, prepaid system, prepay in My. Account first.  Should never have to go thru addon purchase twice.

Mayor / Maire

Sorry @stonechucker.  I will update the colours but won't be able to get to it till sometime next week.  Smiley Sad  What colour would work better for you than lime green?  Can you see the blue, purple, and red colours okay?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Mayor / Maire

@srlawren, a deeper forest/hunter green when it’s meant to be read on a light colour is best.  Or an orange like the post button, or even the PUblic Mobile logo.

its not the colour that’s the problem, it’s the lack of contrast between colours that is difficult.  I thank you for addressing this, as I like to help make things accessible, and although I used to have no issues, I’m getting on, and light vs dark is contrast is most important for me specifically, and I believe in general for ease of clarity.  However, at least by saying there was a green box, if someone else was near by to me at the time, I could have easily asked them to asssist me.

Cheers srlawren, for asking, it is appreciated.

JL9
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Great thanks. Filing this away when I cross the border 

Oracle

@Alan_K, I have noticed that the plans and add-ons knowledge base has not received a recent refresh yet.  It might be worthwhile to incorporate some of the nice pretty pictures from the OP in this thread to illustrate the two step purchasing process.  Also, the learn all about US roaming knowledge base speaks to purchasing add-ons.  That knowledge base can refer to the plans and add-ons knowledge base for how to purchase or these pretty pictures can be duplicated there as well. 

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@srlawren

Great how-to for newbie.  I bookmark this for later use.

Thanks

Mayor / Maire

@popping wrote:

@srlawren

Great how-to for newbie.  I bookmark this for later use.

Thanks

@popping sweet, cheers!