Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Re: HOWTO: Purchasing Add-ons

@Muskoka60 wrote:

Thank you for this detailed description. It was very helpful

@Muskoka60 glad to help!

@Triguy wrote:

Incoming texts after returning from the US has been resolved.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/BUG-RESOLVED-Incoming-texts-not-receive...

@Triguy thanks for mentioning that here!  Helpful 🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Good morning,

Thank you very much for these instructions on how to Add-On US Roaming.  It was extremely helpful!

Have a great day!

Brad

Highlighted

@BradM604 wrote:

Good morning,

Thank you very much for these instructions on how to Add-On US Roaming.  It was extremely helpful!

Have a great day!

Brad

@BradM604 this is great to hear, thank you! Enjoy your trip!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Glad it worked for you. Did exactly as you recommended. They took my money, I went to the US, sent a text, then got a message that my plan doesn't accept roaming in US.

Highlighted

@dordavis56 which add-on(s) did you purchase?  Would you mind taking a screen capture of your transaction history page in self-serve (after singing in, click on Payment tab, then Transaction History sub tab)?  First, please be sure to crop or blank out any personal info (e.g. name and account number near the top right of the page).

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you very much for putting this tutorial together. Very well done!  I had to add data to my account last week because I went through my data very quickly while on vacation. I received the standard notification that 75% of my data was used.   So I'm wondering if the add on is a one time deal that will disappear on the next billing cycle?  Or do I have to change something in my account, since I won't need the extra data until vacation time next summer??  

Many thanks

Highlighted

@lemmayo wrote:

Thank you very much for putting this tutorial together. Very well done!  I had to add data to my account last week because I went through my data very quickly while on vacation. I received the standard notification that 75% of my data was used.   So I'm wondering if the add on is a one time deal that will disappear on the next billing cycle?  Or do I have to change something in my account, since I won't need the extra data until vacation time next summer??  

Many thanks

@lemmayo you're quite welcome.  with regard to your question: all add-ons are one-time purchases (they do not automatically recur), and completely separate from your plan cycle timing. 

The add-ons broadly fall into two categories:

1) US-Roaming add-ons.  These all start as soon as you purchase them, and expire 10 days later (10 x 24 hours), or in the case of the US Roaming Data add-ons, whenever the amount of data you purchased is consumed, and it's the earlier of these two things.  They are not tied to your plan cycle renewal, nor do they automatically renew.

2) All other add-ons (commonly referred to here as domestic add-ons).  These are not time-boxed in any way and remain on your account until the amount of mins or data you purchased is consumed.  They are not tied to your plan cycle renewal, nor do they automatically renew.

Hopefully that helps answer your questions

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks very much.

Need Help? Let's chat.