cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!!!!

dan420
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

yesterday when i payed my bill it said i needed to pay it again , and today its saying the bill is payed but i need to purchase an add on for long distance, when i try to make a call its saying unablle because your plan doesnt cover the long distance call , but im in the city i set the plan up in , im not in a different city, so this makes no sense whatsoever, and its really driving me nuts any helpful info would be much appreciated

15 REPLIES 15

@dan420 wrote:

No i tryed putting 1506 with ecery number never went on a trip nothibg is working cant text call or use data even and my plan is active it took my 50 bucks and i can get texts from them but thats it 

@dan420  Best to notify the PM moderator team 

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

dan420

No i tryed putting 1506 with ecery number never went on a trip nothibg is working cant text call or use data even and my plan is active it took my 50 bucks and i can get texts from them but thats it 

@dan420 wrote:

the messed up thing is my data is working, i can use internet but when i go to make a call it says we cannot complete your call becayuse you dont have an active long distance add on, and your plan does not cover long distance, but im not calling long distance im calling he same city im in and have been in, theres gotta be some sort of malfunction going on here or something 

@dan420  When you dial 611 from your phone does everything sound normal, renewal, balance etc?

Did you recently come back from a trip? If you try dialing the number from your dialer (not contacts), with a +1 in from of the number does the go call go through? If yes, then the issue is with your contact settings.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@dan420 wrote:

the messed up thing is my data is working, i can use internet but when i go to make a call it says we cannot complete your call becayuse you dont have an active long distance add on, and your plan does not cover long distance, but im not calling long distance im calling he same city im in and have been in, theres gotta be some sort of malfunction going on here or something 

I have read other people reporting about the long distance message being played when making calls (local or not), and you're supposed to still complete your call, but make sure you add +1 in front of your numbers though.  But it could be another system glitch too.

Did you try lost/stolen trick?  One other option is to add one dollar top up into your account and restart your phone.  Other users have reported success with this workaround too. 

dan420

@will13am wrote:

Something is strange with the renewal process in recent times.  It used to complete around 2am EST.  I have seen it in a couple of my accounts where renewal doesn't complete until around noon.  I would suggest checking the self serve to make sure the renewal is complete and account is active, reboot the phone.  When dialing a number include 1 in front of the 10 digit number. 

Perhaps another PM glitch in the system!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@dan420 wrote:

i tryed restarting my phone multiple times , this is rlly messing with me lol, cause ive never had any problems with public, but ehat is the lost/stolen trick

Log into your self serve account, select plans/add-ons, select phone lost, suspend, log out, wait several minutes, log back in and report phone found and unsuspend, restart your phone.

This will sometimes reset the SIM/account. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Something is strange with the renewal process in recent times.  It used to complete around 2am EST.  I have seen it in a couple of my accounts where renewal doesn't complete until around noon.  I would suggest checking the self serve to make sure the renewal is complete and account is active, reboot the phone.  When dialing a number include 1 in front of the 10 digit number. 

dan420

i have to get into my account too and see what i can find out its set up with my friends email, and ive never had to log in so im just waiting for her to message me the password and i will post a pic

dan420

i tryed restarting my phone multiple times , this is rlly messing with me lol, cause ive never had any problems with public, but ehat is the lost/stolen trick

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@dan420 wrote:

i even got texts saying my payment was accepted and everything but theres some malfunction in the system or something 

You can try rebooting your phone or the lost/stolen trick to do a reset of the account.

dan420

i even got texts saying my payment was accepted and everything but theres some malfunction in the system or something 

dan420

you mean a screenshot of my account page? and its the 50 $ plan this has neveer happened to me before, and also it cut off a day earlier then it was suppose to, and yesterday it said my service is suspended after i payed now its saying i need to purchase long distance add on 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@dan420Can you post some screenshoots of your selfserve account, so we can help decipher what's going on? We are all regular Public Mobile users here and have no access to your account information. Do you still have a balance on your account? It sounds like you have loaded your account with $ but haven't purchase / renew a plan yet.. again some screenshoot will help us understand.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@dan420 wrote:

yesterday when i payed my bill it said i needed to pay it again , and today its saying the bill is payed but i need to purchase an add on for long distance, when i try to make a call its saying unablle because your plan doesnt cover the long distance call , but im in the city i set the plan up in , im not in a different city, so this makes no sense whatsoever, and its really driving me nuts any helpful info would be much appreciated

Which plan do you have?  If you're on a limited plan then is it possible that you've used up your minutes already?  However, if you have enough minutes, then sometimes there is pre-recorded message about the long distance calls which can be ignored.  Just make sure you put +1 in front of the numbers you are calling.

Need Help? Let's chat.