cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[HELP] About the roaming

TLGuan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I will travel to US. Wondering if the roaming service will be automaticly activated? I don't want to use roaming but WIFI. So how should I do?

9 REPLIES 9

Recent accounts also indicate that you might be able to receive calls too without any roaming add-on, for no risk of extra charge. No guarantees, but maybe give it a try when you're there and report back!

@TLGuan   You have no worries there will be no extra charges even if you have roaming turned on. WiFi will work the same as here. You will likely be able to receive texts and some have even received incoming calling. Go ahead answer them it's just an added bonus. You will not be charged. You just won't be able to make outgoing calls or texts. Enjoy your travels.

TLGuan

Thank you.

TLGuan

Good to know. Thanks a lot.Smiley LOL

No roaming charges if you don't have an add-on purchased.

However if you would like to put your mind at ease you can also set your phone to "AIRPLANE MODE" then manually turn on "wifi" 

But since Public Mobile is a prepaid service you don't even have to do that..

When you cross into the USA you'll likely get a text that says something like "Public Mobile here. If you would like to add an add-on while in USA ....blah blah blah.."

Safe travels!

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@TLGuan wrote:

I will travel to US. Wondering if the roaming service will be automaticly activated? I don't want to use roaming but WIFI. So how should I do?

Your usual PM features will cease to work, once you cross the border...although you might still recieve text messages, you won't be able to answer them. No charge !

You'll be able to use any voip enabled app you like with no worry of any future costs from PM.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@TLGuan  No, don't worry roaming does not get automatically activated. With Public Mobile there aren't any overage or extra charges.

What you prepay is what you get.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@TLGuan wrote:

Are you saying that you only want to use WiFi while in the States?  If so then there is nothing to do but you won't be able to send or receive calls on your PM number.

If you want full service you will need to purchase a US roaming add-on 

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You would need a roaming add-on in the US.  PM is prepaid so if you don't purchase an add-on then you won't be able to have cell service.

Need Help? Let's chat.