cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group text messages on PM?

Amplified
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My friend made a text message group chat  and I didn't realize until everyone was sending me messages individually.

My friends with iPhones say it's working for them (non iMessage group chat). Does PM support group messaging?

7 REPLIES 7

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I'd love to know the answer to this as well. I've got an iPhone SE and iMessages work just fine. The issue I have is group messages that involve a non-iPhone user. Does PM not support Group MMS Messagin on the iPhone?

As a side note, there was/is no option for me to update my APN Settings on the iPhone SE but Cellular Data has worked just fine since day 1. Been with PM for about a month now with issue. Not sure if this may be part of my problem or not, tho.

Much appreciated.

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@srlawren wrote:

To @Chaos_Scorpio's point, it can vary by app.  FYI Google Messenger no longer exists as it has been renamed Android Messages, which is a slight improvement as it somewhat reduces confusion with Facebook Messenger which many just call Messenger.  

Already know that, forgot the new name even though I read about the change a week or so ago. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

To @Chaos_Scorpio's point, it can vary by app.  FYI Google Messenger no longer exists as it has been renamed Android Messages, which is a slight improvement as it somewhat reduces confusion with Facebook Messenger which many just call Messenger.  

I personally use TextraSMS, and it allows you to configure how you want group messages to work--either by sending everyone the same SMS message individually, or by using MMS to send to the whole group.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Chaos_Scorpio

it all depends on your phone app, some take it some do not. 

The original stock andriod app, hangouts - does not take it. it will always respond back to the individual person. Google messenger works sometimes with it. Whatsapp always works. 

WearySky

I send group chat messages fine.  I know some phones' stock SMS apps don't play nice with group chats, I think it depends on the SMS app you have on your phone.  I use Android Messages (previously Google Messenger) and it's awesome.

Amplified
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm already a heavy what's app user. I was just wondering about this.

suefs
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If you don't get your text message group chat issue resolved, you should use Whats app. It is a great app for group chats.

Need Help? Let's chat.