cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gratuitous add-on...credit not applied

pm-user
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently purchased the US roaming add-on 1g of data for 20 dollars. I was told in a previous thread that 'any' add-on would be reimbursed during this time of covid until the end of April. I don't know if this can be done more than once but I haven't been reimbursed for the first purchase wich has been eleven days now. The details said seven days the reimbursement would be automatic. Quote: To support our customers during this time, we will be crediting customers accounts who use U.S. Roaming Add-on, between the dates of March 13, 2020 until April 30, 2020. The account credit will be applied to accounts within 7 business days of usage; no action is required and application will be automatic.

11 REPLIES 11

@abeocp11   There has been only three users (you being the third I believe) that have come to the community to ask about the US roaming add ons not being credited back to their accounts. We can only presume that a few of you have been missed. Perhaps this has been done manually by moderators and among the many who had it done "automatically" you are one of the few that were overlooked as public mobile works with a reduced staff. Contact the moderators as suggested and do not let this prevent you from purchasing another one to be credited back in another seven days. You can also ask that they dont forget you again and im sure you will be on their radar to be promptly credited back. If purchased before you speak to them they may just credited you for the second one at the same time.

pm-user

(((The same thing happened to me, I purchased add-ons and was never credited (2 weeks later, now).)))

Abe, you'll get your refund after contacting a moderator. I was told it was a one time deal before the end of April. I wish it happened automatically as they said it would...right!

It takes seven business days after usuage for the credit.

US Roaming credit-back

Public Mobile will be crediting back the full cost of US Roaming Add-Ons as account credits.

• Eligible customers: Customers who have purchased and used any US Roaming Add-On from March 13 to April 30th, 2020. Note that usage of a US Roaming Add-On is mandatory.
  • Account credit will be applied to accounts within 7 business days of usage, beginning March 23. No action is required. Customers will receive a SMS when credit is applied

If it has been more then seven business days then submit a ticket by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

@abeocp11 wrote:

The same thing happened to me, I purchased add-ons and was never credited (2 weeks later, now). I am still stuck in the US due to the pandemic, need phone coverage, and hesitate to buy more add-ons if Public Mobile will not keep to its promise.

This is my first disappointing experience with this provider and I am considering switching to another company. If they are using a computer script to process these refunds, as suggested by another community member, it would register within the 7-business-day period referenced in the announcement. 

Buying add ons is a 2 step process. You add the fund and then buy the add on. Did you check self service to ensure you have the add on?

add on.jpg

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974

abeocp11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The same thing happened to me, I purchased add-ons and was never credited (2 weeks later, now). I am still stuck in the US due to the pandemic, need phone coverage, and hesitate to buy more add-ons if Public Mobile will not keep to its promise.

This is my first disappointing experience with this provider and I am considering switching to another company. If they are using a computer script to process these refunds, as suggested by another community member, it would register within the 7-business-day period referenced in the announcement. 

pm-user

Thank you for the replies. I'll contact a moderator.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@pm-user Better to contact moderators to fix this asap: send private message: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Purchase on about March 20 would make it one that is being backdated for refund so with less employees available it could take longer? The announcement was the afternoon of March 19. It had to be used while in the USA as well, not just purchased. 

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pm-user 

Are you in the states and have you used the roaming services?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@pm-user  to may have fallen through  the cracks. Contact a moderator and explain your situation. 

Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)
Once connected, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.

Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@pm-user, under the circumstances I have gathered they are eventually getting around to it. I can't see them going to each person's account, and they probably using a computer script to seek out who has a US roaming add-on. As you had mentioned: The account credit will be applied to accounts within 7 business days of usage; no action is required and the application will be automatic.

It shouldn't be, but message the moderators asap versus going through SIMon

But, I thought the credit is only given to people who were stuck in the States. If you bought it 11 days ago, and you are in Canada....

Need Help? Let's chat.