cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gratuitis US addon

pm-user
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you public mobile for offering the gratuitis US add-on during the Covid issue.  As I'm not working presently I can't afford to pay for this option. There seems to be 5 roaming packages available with or without data for example. Which package were you referring to? ty

19 REPLIES 19

pm-user

Okay thank you for all the replies everyone. I'll pass off the thread to bj2001 now.

pm-user

This was my first addon purchased so there didn't seem to be any conflicts as you're dealing with. I thought I was purchasing the add-on initially but it turned out I was adding credit to my zero balance. I then had to go back and reselect the desired add-on. My account went back to zero and my main page displayed proof of purchase.

pm-user

• I went with the phone's spelling... apparently it should be ous at the end but the word is okay
  • given or done free of charge.
    'solicitors provide a form of gratuitous legal advice'
    synonyms: free, gratis, complimentary, voluntary, volunteer, unpaid, unrewarded, unsalaried, free of charge, without charge, for nothing, at no cost, without payment, pro bono

charmer117

Credit is for all US roaming add-ons but it has to be used. If u need any more feel free to ask :cathappy:

@Bj2001  You added funds and purchased the add on? Did you purchase the same one? Usually you cannot purchase the identical roaming add on because it will not offer it for purchase if you already have an active identical add on. If it was a different one it should show at the bottom of your overview page. Care to share?

Bj2001
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yeah tried that but PM sucks! I paid for the USA addon before the current one ran out and frustration upon frustration I get 611 messages telling me l don't have USA texting or calling on my phone even though my payment history says they charged my account for it. 

LOL...

I assume you meant Gratis, not Gratuitis! 

AE_Collector

pm-user

Thank you. It's working now. I only selected data before. Once roaming was activated it now works.

@pm-user wrote:

Thanks for all the responses. I was able to credit the account, then purchased the data add on. It shows that I purchased. I haven't received the text message people told me about nor is the add on active. It's been half an hour now. Bj2001 had the same issue with the add on not working.

@pm-user are you currently in the US?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@pm-user , @Bj2001 try enabling roaming,  manually selecting AT&T or Tmobile ( whichever shows)as your service provider and restarting your phone.

pm-user

Thanks for all the responses. I was able to credit the account, then purchased the data add on. It shows that I purchased. I haven't received the text message people told me about nor is the add on active. It's been half an hour now. Bj2001 had the same issue with the add on not working.

@Bj2001 wrote:

Let me know if you get the USA addon to work because although I've paid for it it doesn't work....I get a 611 message stating that I don't have USA texting or roaming even though my account shows I've been charged.

Have a look at My Account / Available Funds...do you see the $$ you spent for the US Roaming add-on in Available Funds ? If so, now you have to go back and actually "buy" the add-on you want.

@Bj2001 wrote:

Let me know if you get the USA addon to work because although I've paid for it it doesn't work....I get a 611 message stating that I don't have USA texting or roaming even though my account shows I've been charged.

Are you in US right now ? The 10 Day US Roaming add-on only works whilst you're in America.

Bj2001
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@pm-user wrote:

Thank you public mobile for offering the gratuitis US add-on during the Covid issue.  As I'm not working presently I can't afford to pay for this option. There seems to be 5 roaming packages available with or without data for example. Which package were you referring to? ty

It's not "free US Roaming add-ons". You must buy it, then actually use it...then you'll get a credit to your account amounting to whatever US Roaming add-on you used.

@gblackma Customers get a credit back.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@pm-user wrote:

US Roaming credit-back

Public Mobile will be crediting back the full cost of US Roaming Add-Ons as account credits.

• Eligible customers: Customers who have purchased and used any US Roaming Add-On from March 13 to April 30th, 2020. Note that usage of a US Roaming Add-On is mandatory.
  • Account credit will be applied to accounts within 7 business days of usage, beginning March 23. No action is required. Customers will receive a SMS when credit is applied.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@pm-user all of the 10 day US roaming add ons. I think you have to buy and use them and then the payment is reversed. a credit is given back.

Need Help? Let's chat.