cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got 50 dollar plan cancelled after 2 days...

NickKeeley
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i needed more data so i switched plans to have 8gb then 2 days later it said my plan was deactivated when i got charged the 56.25, so i had to pay another 50 dollars to reactivate my phone and a random 10 dollars out of the blue. I now have only 1 gb when i should have 8 and i paid over 100 dollars for a 25 dollar ppan at this point. I dont know why my 50 dollar plan got cancelled after 2 days

19 REPLIES 19

NickKeeley

Yeahh thats what im thinking as well

@NickKeeley 

Which one do you want to be on? Probably best to ask the moderator to restore you on the $50/8.5gb plan that you chose and paid for and have them credit you the $25 that you paid for out of confusion from a very strange glitch.

NickKeeley

Yeah i lost it on the renewal date but now im down 50 bucks bc instead of getting the 8gb plan im now on the 1 gb plan which i also paid for

@NickKeeley 

Did you lose service on what would have been your renewal day had you not done an immediate plan change to the $50 plan? I don't think ive heard of this happening before but sometimes weird things happen with pm's system. I had my plan change mid cycle and the system charged me $10 for the basic plan. It changed my renewal date but since i had more than enough to cover the charge I kept my service. I think you're experiencing a similar but very unusual glitch. If the moderator needs some reference for the "ghost" playing with your account private message me and I will reference my incident and the moderator I dealt with who eventually got my account back to normal after 6 weeks. Make sure the moderator opens a ticket for the tech team to investigate and gives you that reference number so you can follow up with them. Ask for the $25 you spent trying to fix your account to be credited to your account balance.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NickKeeley wrote:

The 50 dollar plan was working fine, i didnt do anything else. Then i tried to make a call this morning and it said my phone wasnt in service so i checked my account on someone elses phone bc i dont have wifi right now, it said it was deactive so i had to pay 10 dollars to activate it and repurchase a plan so i could contact help

When would your normal plan expiry have been?

It's just weird that it somehow reverted back to your original plan and then maybe came to the end of the normal term forgetting that you paid for and changed to the $50 plan just 2 days prior.

You HAVE started contact with the moderators right? 🙂

You'll want service first of all and you might be able to do that with the lost/stolen function.

Then you want the $50 plan and you can be fine with keeping the other $60 in your account for next renewal.

NickKeeley

The 50 dollar plan was working fine, i didnt do anything else. Then i tried to make a call this morning and it said my phone wasnt in service so i checked my account on someone elses phone bc i dont have wifi right now, it said it was deactive so i had to pay 10 dollars to activate it and repurchase a plan so i could contact help

@NickKeeley wrote:

i didnt change plans when i lost the 8gb i was on a 1 gb plan then switch to the 8gb and it worked for 2 days i didnt change anything or do anything to my plan and it randomly stopped working

@NickKeeley I think a moderator can fix this for you pretty quick. 

You can contact the mods one of 2 ways. Click the question mark bottom right of the browser as shown in the picture and open a ticket through the automated ticketing system;

kevenv_2-1599233493879.png

or you can contact them through direct messaging at the following link (note this way may take longer for a response);

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

In either case you should receive a reply within 48 hours though typically they are much faster. Watch the envelope icon top right for a reply.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NickKeeley wrote:

Nope they are the same, and yeah i was out of data so i switch to the 50 dollar plan then 2 days later i tried to make a call and it says my phone is out of service, i go on my account and it says i need to pay 10 dollars to activate my account so i pay the 10 and 25 dollars to get my phone back in service but my 50 dollar plan just ended after 2 days of use 

Ok good. But somehow or another it got changed down to the $25 plan in all that.

Maybe try that lost/stolen function. Suspend it. Wait a minute or three. Resume it. Restart phone. At least to try to get the $25 plan working.

But all in all you're going to need the moderators to sort it out.

What plan were you on before this? Maybe you accidentally clicked something. Did the $50 plan stop working and then you made the additional payments? What did you do after depositing the $10 and $50.

NickKeeley

i didnt change plans when i lost the 8gb i was on a 1 gb plan then switch to the 8gb and it worked for 2 days i didnt change anything or do anything to my plan and it randomly stopped working

NickKeeley

i had the 50 dollars in my account and yeah i knew it would throw away my old plan but i didnt care bc it was about to renew anyway, but it was working fine till this morning which i switch plans on wednesday and got deactivated friday morning

NickKeeley

Nope they are the same, and yeah i was out of data so i switch to the 50 dollar plan then 2 days later i tried to make a call and it says my phone is out of service, i go on my account and it says i need to pay 10 dollars to activate my account so i pay the 10 and 25 dollars to get my phone back in service but my 50 dollar plan just ended after 2 days of use 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NickKeeley wrote:

Yes i hit change right away, i added 50 dollars onto my account and switched plans it was fine for 2 days then randomly i cant call and it says my account is deactivated 

So there's your immediate plan change to the $50 plan. Then two days later you got changed down to the $25 plan after adding $10 and $50 leaving $35 after the second plan change.

Odd.

Since you're able to log in, have a look at the Change SIM and see if those last 4 digits match your actual SIM card. Don't change anything...just look.

If they're different then change your password and suspend your service using the Lost/stolen function.

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@NickKeeley When plan was changed, you lost the 8.5GB and the $50. Never do immediate plan change unless you ran out of.data.

For the payments, the extra is in your account balance and will be used for renewal.

For plan not working, contact moderators.

NickKeeley

Yes i hit change right away, i added 50 dollars onto my account and switched plans it was fine for 2 days then randomly i cant call and it says my account is deactivated 

Screenshot_20200918-115136_Samsung Internet.jpg

I assume you did an immediate plan change which tossed away the remaining days of your old plan. But if you were out of data and needed a lot more that was likely the best move. I assume you would have to put enough funds into your available cash to do that move as ON regular scheduled top ups will be automatically billed to your credit card. os changing plans without the $50 already there wouldn’t work. Beyond that I don't know what happened.

AE_Collector

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@NickKeeley wrote:

i needed more data so i switched plans to have 8gb then 2 days later it said my plan was deactivated when i got charged the 56.25, so i had to pay another 50 dollars to reactivate my phone and a random 10 dollars out of the blue. I now have only 1 gb when i should have 8 and i paid over 100 dollars for a 25 dollar ppan at this point. I dont know why my 50 dollar plan got cancelled after 2 days

@NickKeeley contact a moderator  click on the ? Bottom right hand corner Ask Simon to speak to a human this will help create a ticket to speak to a moderator mention payment issue  check the envelope top right corner for a reply response time is 2 to 48 hours

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@NickKeeley The $10 charge might be for the SIM. Check your account balance to see if you have extra credits.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

When changing your plan, did you select change immediately?

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

You may need to contact a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NickKeeley wrote:

Yikes. What a mess. Can you post your Payment history from the self-serve. Maybe also your overview page. Blank out personal info of course.

But I imagine you'll need to contact the moderators to sort it all out. We can help you with what we can see.

Need Help? Let's chat.