cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodbye it was fun

jgorman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Well I went in to Koodo today and did the switch. 

The extra gig off data did it for me. 

Got 5gigs for $40. 

$100 bill credit and $50 refer a friend credit. 

The koodo rep said Public mobile will be gone by this time next year. Telus is phasing them out. 

And I believe that to be true. 

My suggestion is to switch now while the offer is this good. 

Refer a friend $50 is only good till Mar 1st then goes back to $25. 

You know what. I’m happy. 

Good bye public Mobile it’s been fun. 

Need a referral for credit let me know. 

PS

the 1 gig extra is in advertised he said but just need to show your original text from PM about the 4gig for $40 and they will give you the 5gigs. 

Its a great deal. 

And im happy 

20 REPLIES 20

@DavidNS

It's not about "I'll show them" for me ... the Telus bottom line doesn't concern me as long as they're making enough money to maintain their operational costs while I'm their customer, lol.

My bottom line is my concern.  I'm already a Telus=Koodo=PM customer, and I already get everything I want/need from the PM corner.  I'm sure when I feel like handing out extra money then Telus will be far, far down on my list of deserving and needy recipients.

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@DavidNSwrote:

@jgormanwrote:

And you're still giving money to the same people who wanted to raise our rate by 25%.

I said it before and I'll say it again:

Telus = Koodo = Public Mobile

So, if you're switching because you are saying "I'll show them" all you're showing them is that you're maintaining their bottom line.

If they are indeed phasing out PM and it will be gone by the end of next year, so be it.  I'll ride the cheap wave until I am forced to move, then never use a Telus product again.

@DavidNS Bravo to you sir  Well said

- and your increasing Telus ARPU which is exactly what they wanted.

DavidNS

@jgormanwrote:

Well I went in to Koodo today and did the switch. 

The extra gig off data did it for me. 

Got 5gigs for $40. 

$100 bill credit and $50 refer a friend credit. 

The koodo rep said Public mobile will be gone by this time next year. Telus is phasing them out. 

My suggestion is to switch now while the offer is this good. 

Refer a friend $50 is only good till Mar 1st then goes back to $25. 

You know what. I’m happy. 

Good bye public Mobile it’s been fun. 

Need a referral for credit let me know. 

PS

the 1 gig extra is in advertised he said but just need to show your original text from PM about the 4gig for $40 and they will give you the 5gigs. 

Its a great deal. 

And im happy 

And you're still giving money to the same people who wanted to raise our rate by 25%.

I said it before and I'll say it again:

Telus = Koodo = Public Mobile

So, if you're switching because you are saying "I'll show them" all you're showing them is that you're maintaining their bottom line.

If they are indeed phasing out PM and it will be gone by the end of next year, so be it.  I'll ride the cheap wave until I am forced to move, then never use a Telus product again.

PhoneSeeker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Bon voyage jgormanSmiley Happy

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Korthwrote:

@jgormanwrote:

Might be true, might not.  Definitely helped the rep close the sale, which adds context.  I also find the source (Koodo rep) a little dubious because thus far Koodo reps apparently haven't had any real communication with PM (or Telus) about other things they should have coordinated in advance.

So I take this statement as speculation, rumour, hearsay.  Cannot be confirmed (at this time).

But even assuming this "news" is valid - I still get about a year on PM before I have to find an alternative.  I'll see what Koodo offers then.  I'll see what the other carriers offer then.  Not in a hurry to pay more.

I highly doubt it’s true. Bell just started their third tier brand, I can’t see why Telus would do that. Maybe going 3g only for new customers is a possibility. 

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@jgormanwrote:

Might be true, might not.  Definitely helped the rep close the sale, which adds context.  I also find the source (Koodo rep) a little dubious because thus far Koodo reps apparently haven't had any real communication with PM (or Telus) about other things they should have coordinated in advance.

So I take this statement as speculation, rumour, hearsay.  Cannot be confirmed (at this time).

But even assuming this "news" is valid - I still get about a year on PM before I have to find an alternative.  I'll see what Koodo offers then.  I'll see what the other carriers offer then.  Not in a hurry to pay more.

Rockdaddy22

Yeah pricing? lol

srlawren

@jgormanwrote:

What’s the price??

@guinness22 I agree with @jgorman, what's the pricing on that?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jgorman

What’s the price??

guinness22

Best Buy it is offering 10gb  now for walk in new customer s at Dundas st today.  It's with virgin and Post pay 

@Acekillerwrote:

it's tempting for sure, i would swich if I actually need that much data too.

But isn't that the point we've made over and over in the forum: decide what you need/want, then go to whatever carrier has the best price for that.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

it's tempting for sure, i would swich if I actually need that much data too.

guinness22

If Pm Offer you 1O GB for 50 next month can you please come back . make pm great again 

Quoted wrong post.

So no fees?  You received a free sim card

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

guinness22

Do you think your even come back to PM . Huh ...

jgorman

No other fees. 

Switched today 

It's turning into "the long goodbye". Robot wink

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Question for those who flipped over to the 50GB/$40 plan....

Are there any other fees above the $40? 911 fees, account fees, anything other than tax?

Thanks!

@zzzz24wrote:

use this to signup

@zzzz24

Stop spamming every thread with this. Your code is not relevant to the initial conversation and this post over and over again is clearly self serving.

zzzz24
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Need Help? Let's chat.