cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good package deal for the $15 and $25 monthly plans...

mobileguy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

So for the $15 and $25 monthly plans right now, new customers will get an additional $5 off per month for the next 8 months.  I'm on the $15 plan.  Not sure if it's really worth the bother to sign up again as a new customer and port over my existing PM number.  How many of you would do that?  Over the 8 months, you would save $24 if you're on auto-pay.

6 REPLIES 6

Obice

I wouldn't. These deals are petty.

I suppose if you are a new customer looking to save a few pennies for a couple months that the "deals" going on are nice but if you're a current member don't bother. Man LOL

smiley3

Seems like a lot of hassle.  Too bad, I just missed out on these new deals too!

Also, it's over at 11.59pm est today.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

You will be getting $50 with the referral. And would have to subtract sim and activation from a competitor. Smallest plan over seen is $5 the sim would be 10, cheapest sim I saw is $1 the lowest plan day have is 15.

Another option is to port your number to fongo for $25 and have it forever yours and available for forwarding or their app. The only drawback is that sms is not free. I wish TextNow had that option and would throw in forwarding.

mobileguy

@will13am wrote:

@mobileguy , it's a lot of work.  You can't port a number from one account to another.  You would have to port out and then back in, spending money on SIM cards and losing the remainder of the existing account plan cycle.  It's better to just grunt about yet another new customer deal and when will existing customers get some love.

Good points.  Did not know that you couldn't port a number from one account to another.  And forgot that you would need a new SIM card too.  Status quo for me then.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@mobileguy , it's a lot of work.  You can't port a number from one account to another.  You would have to port out and then back in, spending money on SIM cards and losing the remainder of the existing account plan cycle.  It's better to just grunt about yet another new customer deal and when will existing customers get some love.

Need Help? Let's chat.