cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going to the USA

Prof1000
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I live in Canada. Planning to go to the USA Watertown for three days. Last time going to Frankenmouth we bought the add on but it did not work. This time I want it to work so I am asking what do I buy so that we have a phone when we cross the border. We use data phone and messenger. We can only find out if it works once we cross. Thanks.

Brian

4 REPLIES 4

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hairbag1 wrote:

Purchasing Add-Ons is a 2-step process:

• You will need to add funds equal to the amount of the Add-On to your account.
  • Then, click on ‘Purchase Add-Ons’ on the Overview page.

@Prof1000 to expand on what @hairbag1 has mentioned, here's a full tutorial with screen shots:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974#M22...

EDIT: fixed typo, apparently I couldn't spell "tutorial" earlier Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Purchasing Add-Ons is a 2-step process:

• You will need to add funds equal to the amount of the Add-On to your account.
  • Then, click on ‘Purchase Add-Ons’ on the Overview page.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@Prof1000 Make sure there are enough funds in your account before buying the addon, it will not take funds from a credit card set up for autopay. Check that what you buy is a US roaming addon, not a US calling addon.

@Prof1000 wrote:

I live in Canada. Planning to go to the USA Watertown for three days. Last time going to Frankenmouth we bought the add on but it did not work. This time I want it to work so I am asking what do I buy so that we have a phone when we cross the border. We use data phone and messenger. We can only find out if it works once we cross. Thanks.

Brian

It's really just a matter of making sure the proper add-on is active on your account.  As long as you phone is set to automatic network selection (and not manually selected to only use Public Mobile's network), everything should be automatic as soon as you connect to the roaming network.

Need Help? Let's chat.