cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going to UK for Approx a Month

Caeser
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I will be going to the uk for approx a month,my plan is 90 day with autopay,i have province wide calling,Canada wide text and 400 international long distance.

What am i in need of doing for me to use my phone once i get there,thanks

8 REPLIES 8

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

As others have mentioned make sure your phone is unlocked here and buy a sim card there. 

Well, hoping One day, PM will have no barriers, a Global presence and true Global Roam

horemans
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Strongly suggest you buy a prepaid local Sim card once you arrive.. should be easy. UK wireless prices are much lower than ours. eBay or other source here will have considerable marked and many come with restrictions. As soon as the data is working, Fongo (free) will make Canadian calls at no cost. You can add texting to Fongo for a few dollars if the UK Sim does not have international texting

Here a link you can find quite a few options for prepaid sim uk
http://m.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_nkw=Uk+prepaid+sim&isNewKw=1&isRefine=true&mfs=GOCLK&ac...

I usually buy from eBay if I go USA for over 3 weeks last time I bought a Lyca mobile sometime you get a better deal on eBay and amazon also if you buy before you won't be without phone the second u land on uk airport

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B01M13D190/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1493063212&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY...

300 mins 3000 txt plus 12gb data
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Caeser

Would i buy that roaming sim card here or once i'm there,?

Caeser

Last year when i went i bought a throwaway phone,but my own would be nice to access my bookmarks etc.I can plug it into my sisters laptop when there.She unfortunately knows less than me about these things(if that's possible)

So would i buy a plan here in Canada before going or wait till i'm there,? while typing this i mentioned bookmarks,but i'm assuming i would have to replace my sim card until i return

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Your best be if you want to use your phone in the UK, assuming it's carrier unlocked, is to purchase a local roaming SIM.

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
They don't offer uk roaming addon
Pm only offer USA roaming addon

The one you mentioned 400 long distance mins those are good if you call uk while you in Canada
Those mins don't cover you when you outside Canada

You can download fongo or hangout dialer but those app work with wifi or cellular data to make calls to USA and Canada
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
Need Help? Let's chat.