cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going to Italy and France for a trip, is there any good add-on option?

snoopy198726
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am planning to go on a trip to France and Italy. I would like to know if there are any add-on options available so I can still talk, text, and do simple web search on my phone while I am there. Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

PJC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I'm jealous! 

Asothers have said, the economical way is to buy a SIM abroad. The other option is to buy a SIM such as roam mobility here in Canada that have international roaming but will be a bit more  expensive. 

Enjoy your trip!

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

There is no roaming in europe for PM user.  Otherwise tons would jump over here.  

It is asked for many time to put more roaming countries long time ago, its not here still.  Hope they are listening.  

However they probably do it on purpose.  It isnt that hard to implement it.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Luddite didn't know that. Must be in the fine print somewhere 🙂

@mimmo "Free" EU roaming usually only applies after using a SIM locally for 1-2 months.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

WISH PM can eventually offer some Global Roaming, Sure PPL would be willing to pay the fees, No Brainer

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I have never been to Italy, I have been told that prices there are so cheap compared to here.  It is a no brainer to buy the service locally.  @snoopy198726 have a nice trip!

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@snoopy198726, please just enjoy your vacation and forget about the cell phone. 

If you can't resist, you can:

- book a hotel with free wifi

- download fongo a free text and calls app

or

- buy a local SIM card from the airport 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Buy a local sim card. It is really inexpensive. Most airports will have telecom companies. I bought mine in 20 minutes between flights.

Just a FYI most Europeans use wattsapp or vibre.  SMS were pay per use. 

Europe now has European roaming so one sim should do all of Europe.

Also check out shownotes.ca click travel tab. There is some good info there. Or @Luddite has some other European options just can't remember them.

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

No, as PM does not offer roaming outside of Canada other than the US.

Need Help? Let's chat.