cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going abroad, do you offer international texting while I'm away from Canada?

scharfg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there, do you offer international add ons say texting?

We are travelling to Amsterdam and I need to be able to text my wife when we are separated.

I have the unlimited phone, text and 500mb plan right now.

Thank you!

8 REPLIES 8

scharfg

Thank you very much for the quick reply?

scharfg

Thank our very much for the quick reply!

scharfg

Thank you for the fast reply!

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@scharfg wrote:

Hi there, do you offer international add ons say texting?

We are travelling to Amsterdam and I need to be able to text my wife when we are separated.

I have the unlimited phone, text and 500mb plan right now.

Thank you!

@scharfg International plan doesn't work as you are in Amsterdam. You need to buy an international SIM card such as AOW. Click the following link: https://alwaysonlinewireless.com/?utm_source=roammobility.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=AOW%20...

If you have wifi access in your hotel, you can use a free calling and texting app such as TextNow or Fongo to call in North America for FREE. These two apps can call landline too. 

jotsang
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Getting a local SIM in Amsterdam is probably the cheapest way to go. However, if you want to setup something here before you go, you can take a look at knowroaming,

https://www.knowroaming.co/

ZfromVanC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

The only roaming add-ons available from PM are for roaming in the USA; unfortunately service anywhere else is unavailable with Public Mobile.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@scharfg No, the international texting is only while in Canada.
When you arrive you can buy a SIM card and plan for cheaper than you would get a roaming plan from a Canadian company.

chrisbasm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@scharfg  - Public Mobile only offers roaming packages in the US.  You might want to look into getting a local SIM while there.

Need Help? Let's chat.