cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Texting

Kimber1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everybody my daughter is going to Spain and Greece. What does the global texting include with Public Mobile.   Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

paulie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I would go free wifi route and use WhatsApp, or other instant messaging.  

This might be useful ?    I have not tried it myself.  Would need a seperate phone or dual sim phone.

https://www.chatsim.com/

and can be ordered from Amazon.  https://www.amazon.ca/ChatSim-Unlimited-WhatsApp-Telegram-countries/dp/B014L8CD6A

@mimmo wrote:

When ever I travel to europe i usually  buy a local sim card. so depending how long she is away that is an option. Much depends on the actual travel plans how long how many countries....  also check out one of those global sim providers...  go half way down page of this link

Wifi is readily available in europe, and I also had great success with fongo.com (got a cnaadian number, and i could call calanda and friends could call me when i was connected.

As long as wifi is available, the popular instant messenging apps like whatsapp, hangouts, etc. will work.  Locally people used to using SMS.  However, the messaging apps are far more practical for world wide use.  TBH, people should wean off of SMS.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

When ever I travel to europe i usually  buy a local sim card. so depending how long she is away that is an option. Much depends on the actual travel plans how long how many countries....  also check out one of those global sim providers...  go half way down page of this link

Wifi is readily available in europe, and I also had great success with fongo.com (got a cnaadian number, and i could call calanda and friends could call me when i was connected.

cricketfan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Text from Canada to any country in the world = Global Texting.

Texting from outside canada to canada = Roaming Texting

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You are only able to text globally on PM's plan when you are in Canada. Otherwise, you are considered to be roaming and PM currently doesn't have any roaming plans for countries other than the U.S.

shartomjam
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I believe Global texting is only texting FROM Canada TO anywhere in the world.

Need Help? Let's chat.