cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glad I have 12 GB on 90 days

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Hey everyone..  just a post to say I'm very happy with my Fall Promo 2016 deal... it was great yesterday for me, as I was not at home, but I wanted to watch the mixed doubles curling event where the WiFi wasn't good.

I used 2GB to stream the CBC feed for about a 2 hour show.  It was fabulous!

As I don't normally do this, I wasn't concerned about the data usage 🙂

I'm just about at my 30 day mark, so my current 3.3 GB of 12 GB isn't a problem..   

I still don't expect to use all 12GB this cycle, as I only used 4 GB total last cycle.

18 REPLIES 18

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@srlawren wrote:

@ShawnC13 that's true!  Doesn't mean someone can't lament having missed out though.....

that would be a very big line at PM 

Who knows maybe someone will/should start a new  topic /onine community petition/open letter to PM  to  see how many bravos or supporters we get.   🙂    

srlawren

@ShawnC13 that's true!  Doesn't mean someone can't lament having missed out though.....

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mimmo

I agree with @ShawnC13  just because someone missed out on a promo doesn't mean they are less important, it just means they missed out.   It's a different story when the sales are targeted like the freedom ones where, many people felf left out and unimportant.

I think if you are saving money compare to before or the price you pay is cheaper than other comparable plans then you are being well served by PM excluding the bugs/issues etc 

@srlawren, totally get that but missing out on a sale happens everyday to people all over the place. You just have to wait for the next one. (If there is one) 🤐

Now saying that I do hope one comes around soon

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@srlawren, totally get that but missing out on a sale happens everyday to people all over the place. You just have to wait for the next one. (If there is one) 🤐

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

srlawren

@XSpursJ wrote:

I wish they could bring that promotion back sometime this year so new members like me don't feel like we are not important to PM.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@XSpursJ, how did your old provider make you feel important?  I don't understand your statement

@ShawnC13 I don't mean to speak for @XSpursJ, but I think you mis-read. I don't think they are saying their old provider made them feel more important than PM does; I think they were saying they feel like they are less important to PM than people that are on the 2016 Fall Promo, like many of us are.  

@XSpursJ if I got that wrong, then I do apologize.  If I got it right, I hope you don't feel less important to PM.  I think every customer is equally important to them.  For whatever reason, their marketing direction has seen a lot of change since the time they ran that promo.  It's not that they're not offering it to you because you're less important than others--it's that they just aren't offering it to anyone, regardless of their "importance".  Just my two cents here.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I'll always be greatful to PM for offering that promo. It gives me enough data that I don't even log into my account to check data usage anymore. In fact, I don't even care if I update my android apps via LTE (vs. wifi only before).

denkom
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I would love to be on that promo Robot Sad

@XSpursJ, how did your old provider make you feel important?  I don't understand your statement

XSpursJ
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I wish they could bring that promotion back sometime this year so new members like me don't feel like we are not important to PM.

AlexOfAnders
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Wonder_why wrote:

very easy to burn the Data by watching 4k videos Cat Happy

Haha, that's true but I guess I'm not enough of a fidelity hound to feel like it's worth it on a phone while out of the house.

Wonder_why

very easy to burn the Data by watching 4k videos Cat Happy

I use Spotify for my music.  Recently I've purchased some nice on-ear headphones (with a built in mic) that are more comfortable for me than earbud sytle.  When I'm away from WiFi, I generally use the offline mode, having downloaded selections from within my Spotify library to be available for upto 30 days at a time.

***  The only think I don't like about the Spotify offline mode - it doesn't let me stream to my ChromeCast if offline mode is enabled.  I don't recall if my IPad can stream Spotify to my AppleTV via AirPlay or not... 

AlexOfAnders
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm about half way through my 90-day cycle and have been trying to use my data freely. Listen to streaming music in the car, watch videos on the train, etc but I find the same thing. There's enough free wifi around that I'm still at 5GB of my 15GB plan. Maybe if I listened to music everywhere I walked, then I would really push that number up but for some reason I generally prefer to walk around without headphones on.

I definitely agree with the sentiment though, it's really nice to be able to finally use my phone like this without much worry about running out of data and no fear of overage charges.

Wonder_why

@stonechucker wrote:

@Wonder_why, I just don't see how people can use the day so fast.  With the availability of WiFi for many people at home, some less at work, and at various restaurants and other such sites, cellular data shouldn't be hard to leave alone, as WiFi is so accessibe.

Note, I did say I was in a bad spot for WiFi, so I purposely chose to enable my hotspot on my Nexus 5, and then use that to get my iPadAir cellular data via my Nexus 5.

I generally use less than 4 GB over 90 days.  Really,I don't usually go over 3 GB.

@stonechucker@ I know, I have Wifi @ home too 

@Wonder_why, I just don't see how people can use the day so fast.  With the availability of WiFi for many people at home, some less at work, and at various restaurants and other such sites, cellular data shouldn't be hard to leave alone, as WiFi is so accessibe.

Note, I did say I was in a bad spot for WiFi, so I purposely chose to enable my hotspot on my Nexus 5, and then use that to get my iPadAir cellular data via my Nexus 5.

I generally use less than 4 GB over 90 days.  Really,I don't usually go over 3 GB.

Wonder_why

@stonechucker when you addict to it, 12GB Data for 90 days stilled will not enough Cat Happy

now I have 10GB Data for 30 days with Koodo, I used 6GB Data already in 20 days Cat Happy

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@stonechucker, I know what you mean I am at day 52 and have used 5.5 and this is more data then I have used in a long time lol.

Need Help? Let's chat.