Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Giant headache with Public Mobile

SunnyK
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

LONG RANT WARNING

Hey fellow community members,

On April 22th 2020, I was sent an promo offer by public mobile that contained the following:

Public Mobile here. It's important to stay connected now more than ever. If you need more data, here's an offer just for you: an extra 2GB data for an extra $10/mo+tax.

To get this offer, reply YES35 by April 29 11:59pm. Your plan would change on next renewal date: May 13.

Note: you won't be able to revert back to your old plan if it's no longer current. Reply STOP to stop receiving Public Mobile deals and offers.

And thus I replied YES35 Before 12PM april 29th.

On my next renewal date, my plan was changed and my self-serve dashboard showed the following.

Screenshot_20200518-183620~2.png

However, after the switch, the only thing working was the data. So after I power cycled  my phone, tried doing the report stolen and resuming trick and etc, I promptly contacted the moderator team. My first guy helped me get my texting back, but calls were still getting redirected to the same error message "Sorry, talk is not included in your plan". So I continued to work with the mod, but things still weren't working. Eventually he said that he'll send in a support ticket. Understanding the current situation with COVID-19, I stayed patient, but after waiting enough, I posted my situation on the community to see if anyone had the same problem and had a solution.

I tried all the fixes recommended but none worked. One member suggested that I contact the mods again for a ticket status. Which I did, however I was replied to by another mod, he attempted to fix it, but with no results, and another, with the same outcome. Thus, on my reply, I asked if this could be a problem with the plan instead the connection. 

Soon, I got a reply saying that the problem was fixed. I power cycled and attempted a call. This time, the error was different, it said that my account needed a payment to activate. Puzzled, I checked my self serve page and to my surprise, the mod had just changed my plan to a 45$ plan, removing my plan outright and replacing it with one with 3GB but with provincial calling and intl text. 

He had added 10$ to my balance.

Getting impatient and needing my data and calling today, I ignored the fact that this guy just cut my cycle off mid-way, and tried to activate it online by using the amount due option.

When I was outside, I tried to call but I got an error saying my account was temporary suspended. And since I didnt have data, I couldn't even check what was wrong. I tried to top up my remaining balance through the service line, but it said the amount due was 0???

When I came home and checked, this is what I saw.

Screenshot_20200526-145400~2.png

My plan was still suspended and for some reason, my account was only topped up to 35$??

Overall, I'm just disappointed that public mobile stole 3 weeks of my phone plan, then proceeded to make me pay for an inferior plan before my cycle was even complete, and then suspends it even when I used the amount due option on my self-serve.

If anyone has encountered the same problem, please tell me your story.

6 REPLIES 6

kidsndog

Thank you for your suggestion.

@kidsndog wrote:

SunnyK, I feel your pain. I am going through the exact same experience as you and it's beyond frustrating! Being in a pandemic without the use of a phone feels dangerous and unnecessary stressful. If there are enough of us in this situation, Public Mobile should give us compensation for their technical malfunctions.

@kidsndog   That's frustrating to be without service...have the moderators got back to you yet?  Also lots of users here recommend to use Textnow app which allows for free calling and texting over wifi, it might be useful until you get your service restored.

kidsndog

SunnyK, I feel your pain. I am going through the exact same experience as you and it's beyond frustrating! Being in a pandemic without the use of a phone feels dangerous and unnecessary stressful. If there are enough of us in this situation, Public Mobile should give us compensation for their technical malfunctions.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@SunnyK there was another user that had this problem and couldn't sort it out either. and people were telling them to do all the tricks, but nothing worked. 

honestly, public owes you something good here for messing things up...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah...wow.

They gave you an old no longer available plan too.

We have read of the no working phone problem after a renewal but I don't remember people coming back with this adventure.

Maybe @Tiana_V or @Alan_K could right this ship.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@SunnyK wrote:

LONG RANT WARNING

Hey fellow community members,

On April 22th 2020, I was sent an promo offer by public mobile that contained the following:

Public Mobile here. It's important to stay connected now more than ever. If you need more data, here's an offer just for you: an extra 2GB data for an extra $10/mo+tax.

To get this offer, reply YES35 by April 29 11:59pm. Your plan would change on next renewal date: May 13.

Note: you won't be able to revert back to your old plan if it's no longer current. Reply STOP to stop receiving Public Mobile deals and offers.

And thus I replied YES35 Before 12PM april 29th.

On my next renewal date, my plan was changed and my self-serve dashboard showed the following.

Screenshot_20200518-183620~2.png

However, after the switch, the only thing working was the data. So after I power cycled  my phone, tried doing the report stolen and resuming trick and etc, I promptly contacted the moderator team. My first guy helped me get my texting back, but calls were still getting redirected to the same error message "Sorry, talk is not included in your plan". So I continued to work with the mod, but things still weren't working. Eventually he said that he'll send in a support ticket. Understanding the current situation with COVID-19, I stayed patient, but after waiting enough, I posted my situation on the community to see if anyone had the same problem and had a solution.

I tried all the fixes recommended but none worked. One member suggested that I contact the mods again for a ticket status. Which I did, however I was replied to by another mod, he attempted to fix it, but with no results, and another, with the same outcome. Thus, on my reply, I asked if this could be a problem with the plan instead the connection. 

Soon, I got a reply saying that the problem was fixed. I power cycled and attempted a call. This time, the error was different, it said that my account needed a payment to activate. Puzzled, I checked my self serve page and to my surprise, the mod had just changed my plan to a 45$ plan, removing my plan outright and replacing it with one with 3GB but with provincial calling and intl text. 

He had added 10$ to my balance.

Getting impatient and needing my data and calling today, I ignored the fact that this guy just cut my cycle off mid-way, and tried to activate it online by using the amount due option.

When I was outside, I tried to call but I got an error saying my account was temporary suspended. And since I didnt have data, I couldn't even check what was wrong. I tried to top up my remaining balance through the service line, but it said the amount due was 0???

When I came home and checked, this is what I saw.

Screenshot_20200526-145400~2.png

My plan was still suspended and for some reason, my account was only topped up to 35$??

Overall, I'm just disappointed that public mobile stole 3 weeks of my phone plan, then proceeded to make me pay for an inferior plan before my cycle was even complete, and then suspends it even when I used the amount due option on my self-serve.

If anyone has encountered the same problem, please tell me your story.

@SunnyK   Wow...I think your heading just about sums up your situation nicely...it does sound like a big mess but unfortunately for you I don't think anyone outside of PM's tech team can fix this for you, so you'll need to have a bit more patience and keep messaging them to get it sorted.  Not ideal i know..sorry!

Need Help? Let's chat.