cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting charged when I ported out? W**?

Echofoxtrot
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I ported out long time ago, and I'm still getting hit with charges, I need to speak to someone to resolve this, the amount is significant and I've noticed it now.  I'm with Koodo but why is Public Mobile still charging me?

7 REPLIES 7

Report to the CCTS, the CRTC does not resolve consumer issues.

Echofoxtrot
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for your abysmal response, I provided the information you requested.  

"still showing as active. Please be advised that it will remain active until February 8th 2019 and only 90 days without activity following that date, your account will automatically deactivate."

Uh no, I ported out, Koodo screwed up, which is owned by Telus.  Why you refuse to fix this behind some bogus terms and conditions excuse is not reasonable.  I don't want credit, I want my money back, I haven't use your services.  The line maybe active not due to any error on my part, so why should I accept a resolution that favors your company?  Why should I add to your top line, revenue? 

Anyways, requested a password reset, will get the usage pdfs and file a complaint with CRTC concerning both Koodo and Public Mobile.  Thanks for absolutely nothing.  

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @Echofoxtrot,

thank you for reaching out to us and for sharing your concern regarding a recent charge. We completely understand your situation, so we'll do our best to help.

I also wanted to confirm that we got your private message - please allow some time and one of our mods will gladly look into it 🙂

Kind regards,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Out of curiosity do you still have access to the pm self serve account?

This is a bad glitch that continues to happen to some subscribers.  The message to the Moderator_Team is the only way to get help as the account is no longer accessible by login, and removing the credit card info can now not be done manually because of this.

The port out should have fully cancelled the billing - as it hasn't this is your only recourse.

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It's unfortunate to hear about these things @Echofoxtrot

There was some talk on other threads of people still getting charged after they ended their service with Public Mobile.

To be sure it's best to remove your financial information so that they wouldn't be able to charge you anymore. It seems pretty automatic unless someone manually puts a stop to things.

Like someone else mentioned, it's best to contac the Moderator and they could sort things out for you.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Echofoxtrot wrote:

Hi,

I ported out long time ago, and I'm still getting hit with charges, I need to speak to someone to resolve this, the amount is significant and I've noticed it now.  I'm with Koodo but why is Public Mobile still charging me?

Sorry to hear that PM continue to take money out of your CC.

Please send a private message to moderator to get refund.  Good luck.

Click the following link to send a private message to Community Moderators to ask for help.
Please include your PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
- Complete mailing address,
- Email address,
- Alternate phone number,
- Date of birth,
- Last top up date & amount

Community Moderators are available from:
Monday to Friday from 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT)
Saturday and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7:30pm (EDT)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.