cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a new plan bcause it has a better deal

lanaelosta
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I was wondering if it ids possible to cancel my current plan that I have been on for 1 year now and transfer to the new plan that gets you 5GB using a different email address?

7 REPLIES 7

@Arsenio21 wrote:

I think the 5gb bonus data are only for newly activated customer that registered their email and activate that email on January 15 as part of their boxing week sale. If you will use a lot of data in regular basis, maybe you may consider to upgrade on a higher plan with more data on it.

Ironically, the bonus 5GB encourages people to take a lower priced plan than the customer might have otherwise signed up for (example; signing up to a $25 plan instead of a $40 plan that the person might have otherwise taken).  

Arsenio21
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I think the 5gb bonus data are only for newly activated customer that registered their email and activate that email on January 15 as part of their boxing week sale. If you will use a lot of data in regular basis, maybe you may consider to upgrade on a higher plan with more data on it.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @lanaelosta 

Sounds enticing - but I might not recommend it as you'll likely lose your number if you're attached to it. (Unless you're porting the number to an online service to retain it to be posted BACK to PM again) 

You would have to do the following:

1. Get a new Public Mobile SIM card,
  2. Cancel your current account, which would involve removing auto-pay to make sure no extra charges are added if you're near renewal,
  3. pre-register the new email address for the promotion to ensure there's no overlap with your existing PM account,
  4. Acquire a referral code from someone so you can each save some money,
  5. then activate using the email address you used to register for the promotion.

This all has to be done before January 15th.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@lanaelosta wrote:

Hi I was wondering if it ids possible to cancel my current plan that I have been on for 1 year now and transfer to the new plan that gets you 5GB using a different email address?

There are no refunds, so if you just renwed, you lose the full fee. Do you need to keep the phone number. The only way to keep it is to port out to another company and port back to Public. That will cost money because you have to pay the other company for a sim card and a plan.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @lanaelosta ,

Sure, go ahead and activate a new SIM and get a new PM number to obtain the current promotion.

BUT NOTE: the 5GB promo is not additional every renewal cycle. It is a one time bonus and will only be used once the current cycle's plan data is consumed. When plan renews, your plan data will start up again, and the promo GB remains there until used up. It could take a month to use, it could take years. Some users would never use it as they would never need that much during a 30 day cycle.

kaytus
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

If you cancelled your current plan, you will be lost your current mobile #.

You can cancel your current, and activity another account (or new mobile #) in order to get the bonus 5 GB and one-month free service.

I hope it can help.

Have a wonderful night

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@lanaelosta  

Are you talking about the current boxing day promotion? You can have as many accounts as you want but you have to pay for each account. The new account would need a different email and brand new sim card.

That would mean you have two accounts that you will pay for and two numbers.

You cannot make a new account and transfer all your stuff to the new account and transferring a PM phone number to another PM account is not possible.

OR

Do you mean that you simply want a different plan? 

If that is the case 

You have two options.

1= Change now - (It will say top up now if you don't have funds to cover new plan).

Not advised to pick this one.You are charged right away for new plan and no refund on unused days from old plan.

2= Change at next renewal. The choice most want to pick. Your new plan you pick will be scheduled to start at your next payment due date and you will be charged then for the plan 

Screenshot_20200130_023658.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.