cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting 8uv2 message

Ndi67
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am trying to make a call and the i get a 8uv2 or 8uv1  message . Its my moms number and I call it often so I dont understand what is wrong . Any help please . I have restarted my phone and have made other calls and they went through . 

11 REPLIES 11

@Lost_Soul- Try dialing 1-778-580-4001 and see what happens.

Lost_Soul
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have also, it's for my Voicemail, and it's unresolved

@Ndi67 wrote:

It's fixed her line was down wasn't my phone 

@Ndi67  that's what I thought. 👍

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Ndi67 wrote:

@Ndi67  Thanks for the update:)

Ndi67

Ndi67

I will have to wait till I can reach a neighbour to go to her . She doesn't have a cell phone . 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Ndi67  What happens if you Mom tries calling you? 

@Ndi67  I've had that message in the past...with telus. I don't believe it has anything to do with your phone or account. There was nothing done in particular to correct it. It's more of an error on telus end in trying to connect your call. I think by chance you happen to call when there was an unusually high call volume on the system. Try calling later...if the problem persists then contact a moderator.

@dabr wrote:

BTW for future reference post your question under one of the main headings in the forum as that will elicit more responses and suggestions for your question.  'Lounge' is mainly for posting about and hobbies and general interest topics unrelated to account issues.

I've went ahead and moved this message thread.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Ndi67  Second attempt to answer as my first message has disappeared.  

Have you tried adding +1 in front of the number you are calling to see if that will complete your call?  Are you perhaps on a limited minutes plan and may have used up all your available mins? 

You can check your mins by logging into your account and check under "My Data & Add-Ons' and if you don't see the minutes line there, then you are out of your plan mins.  If this is the case then you can purchase the $5/500 Canada wide mins to supplement the plan.  These mins don't expire and will only be used when you've depleted plan minutes.

You can also try powering off your phone, removing the SIM, wait 5 mins and re-insert SIM and restart the phone.  If that doesn't help, try topping up your account with $1 and restarting the phone.

If nothing helps submit a ticket to moderators here: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Type your issue, select 'contact us/moderators', then 'submit ticket' when these options appear and follow the rest of the prompts to finish submission.

BTW for future reference post your question under one of the main headings in the forum as that will elicit more responses and suggestions for your question.  'Lounge' is mainly for posting about and hobbies and general interest topics unrelated to account issues.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Ndi67 wrote:

I am trying to make a call and the i get a 8uv2 or 8uv1  message . Its my moms number and I call it often so I dont understand what is wrong . Any help please . I have restarted my phone and have made other calls and they went through . 

@Ndi67   I'm not quite sure what the 8uv1 or 8uv2 message is about or why you are unable to call your mum's number but have been able to call other numbers, but you could try first by adding +1 in front of the number you are having trouble with and see if that helps you complete the call.  If you have been able to make other calls, then I'm guessing you are not out of outgoing minutes if on a limited plan? 

You can check that information by logging into your account and under 'My Data & Add-Ons' (overview page), see if the line for mins is still there.  If it's missing then you are out of mins and should purchase the $5/500 Canada wide mins to supplement your plan mins.  This add-on does not expire and will only be used when you're out of plan mins, the remaining mins will roll over until depleted.

You could also try powering off your phone and remove your SIM, wait 5 mins and re-insert the SIM and restart the phone.  If that doesn't help maybe try adding $1 to your account and restart your phone.  Sometimes these actions will help reset your account.

If nothting helps, submit a ticket to moderators via SIMon here: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Type your issue, select 'contact us/moderators', then 'submit ticket' when these options appear and follow the rest of the prompts to finish submission.  If you have problems submitting via SIMon the you can opt to send a private message to Moderator_team here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

BTW for future reference make sure you post your question under one of the main headings as 'Lounge' is mainly a discussion forum for non account related issues, ie: hobbies and general interest.  Plus you will also have more users who will respond to your question under the other forum headings.

Need Help? Let's chat.