cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Get notified of ANY New Promos, Announcement, System Outages, etc (and any other feeds)

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

Want to get notified automatically of any new promotions? What about planned System Outages? Or follow ANY community area in this forum?

Don't want to deal with RSS technology? The following is a SIMPLE 3 step process. 

Yes, you could use the built-in RSS subscription feature of this forum BUT if means learning and knowing how to deal with RSS and using another piece of software to do this. Chrome does not have a built-in RSS reader and Firefox just dropped support for a built-in RSS reader as of Nov 2018 with v64. If you really want to use a RSS reader, click to read the instructions on how to set up RSS feed. BUT there is an easier solution. See below.

Solution has been moved by oracle, here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/How-to-get-notified-of-ANY-Announcement-i...

Re: Get notified of ANY Announcement, including New Promos, System Outages, etc (and any other feeds

@Dunkgirl wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

A BIG SHOUT-OUT to @RobertQc for making me aware of this type of service.

@pm-smayer97I think he left the building.

Re: Get notified of ANY Announcement, including New Promos, System Outages, etc (and any other feeds

@Lieux wrote:

Thanks @pm-smayer97!!! I did it ant it woks instantly!!

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

Want to get notified automatically of any new promotions? What about planned System Outages? Or follow ANY community area in this forum?

Don't want to deal with RSS technology? The following is a SIMPLE 3 step process. 

Yes, you could use the built-in RSS subscription feature of this forum BUT if means learning and knowing how to deal with RSS and using another piece of software to do this. Chrome does not have a built-in RSS reader and Firefox just dropped support for a built-in RSS reader as of Nov 2018 with v64. If you really want to use a RSS reader, click to read the instructions on how to set up RSS feed. BUT there is an easier solution. See below.

@pm-smayer97, sorry not going to let you create a thread and rmark your own post as the solution to something that has already been explained to you in other threads.  

This has not really been explained anywhere else.... that is why I created a thread to provide the instructions to make it very visible. Not sure what the objection is. 

And having explained in some buried post is not going to help anyone else find it. Already someone has posted that they benefited from my solution. So you how can you say it is not a solution?

This is how this forum is structured. I want to make sure that users can find the info easily. You got a better solution?

@z10user4 wrote:

@pm-smayer97: At the risk of alienating you and other people that agree with you...I was one of those people that thanked ShawnC13. Apparently there are "camps" of like-minded people here. As there would be everywhere. I don't think I'm a member of any "camp".

Solutions are already a touchy topic. Your own solutions are another matter. You've been here a while. You ought to know that solutions are touchy.

If a noob gives themselves a solution then someone usually nudges them to maybe not do that in the future. Unless of course you come up with the solution yourself after many people have piped in with their ideas and then the answer comes to you before anyone else has mentioned the idea in the thread. Still open to a longer timeframe of solution abuse.

If you had simply abandoned the threads and left them behind to talk about your other rss reference then that likely wouldn't've raised any concerns.

@z10user4 wrote:

@pm-smayer97: At the risk of alienating you and other people that agree with you...I was one of those people that thanked ShawnC13. Apparently there are "camps" of like-minded people here. As there would be everywhere. I don't think I'm a member of any "camp".

Solutions are already a touchy topic. Your own solutions are another matter. You've been here a while. You ought to know that solutions are touchy.

If a noob gives themselves a solution then someone usually nudges them to maybe not do that in the future. Unless of course you come up with the solution yourself after many people have piped in with their ideas and then the answer comes to you before anyone else has mentioned the idea in the thread. Still open to a longer timeframe of solution abuse.

If you had simply abandoned the threads and left them behind to talk about your other rss reference then that likely wouldn't've raised any concerns.

@z10user4 wrote:

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

What do you want with your multiple posts @Tamhoop???

Re: Get notified of ANY New Promos, Announcement, System Outages, etc (and any other feeds)

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/How-to-get-notified-of-ANY-Announcement-i...

@Tamhoop wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

Mayor / Maire

@Tamhoop wrote:

@Tamhoop wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@Tamhoop

Stop the enless quoting without contribution, please.

If you have anything to ask or add to help the person you quoted, feel free to do so. But just quoting doesn't do anything.