cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Get notified of ANY Announcement, including New Promos, System Outages, etc (and any other feeds

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@pm-smayer97, so what about where Robert explained the RSS to email to you in your own thread?  Is that not the solution then?

Yes it is BUT first, it is BURIED! I know of no way to extract it to make it more visible. Second it is incomplete! And third, I give him credit for the source of the info....

AND I just received a PM from another user that has thanked me for the help. Clearly this shows how unavailable this info has been. And my thread is benefitting users.

Like I said before, I was at a loss for a solution for MONTHS, even digging in this forum... and replies I got previously were about using an RSS READER...

Re: Get notified of ANY Announcement, including New Promos, System Outages, etc (and any other feeds

@z10user4 wrote:

@pm-smayer97: At the risk of alienating you and other people that agree with you...I was one of those people that thanked ShawnC13. Apparently there are "camps" of like-minded people here. As there would be everywhere. I don't think I'm a member of any "camp".

Solutions are already a touchy topic. Your own solutions are another matter. You've been here a while. You ought to know that solutions are touchy.

If a noob gives themselves a solution then someone usually nudges them to maybe not do that in the future. Unless of course you come up with the solution yourself after many people have piped in with their ideas and then the answer comes to you before anyone else has mentioned the idea in the thread. Still open to a longer timeframe of solution abuse.

If you had simply abandoned the threads and left them behind to talk about your other rss reference then that likely wouldn't've raised any concerns.

Thanks for the heads up. No I was not aware that this is such a touchy subject. And like you said, even in this forum there are genrally two groups of thought on this. So there is no absolute right or wrong on this. But I do not think the criticism is warranted here. AND again, I think the results speak for themselves. Already 2 users are benefitting from this already in a very short time (literally minutes)...  so I think that says something...

Oracle

@pm-smayer97, and this will get buried like all the others threads we have.  That is where it takes to longer members of the community to remember the how to you created and bring it up to new members

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *

@pm-smayer97, what I don’t understand is why you continue to bash the RSS feed, yet you’re using the RSS feed to send the email via a service.

You have created nothing new, just a different way to get information from an already available source.  Thanks to @RobertQc and @srlawren who brought the basis of your new howto to you.

@stonechucker wrote:

@pm-smayer97, what I don’t understand is why you continue to bash the RSS feed, yet you’re using the RSS feed to send the email via a service.

You have created nothing new, just a different way to get information from an already available source.  Thanks to @RobertQc and @srlawren who brought the basis of your new howto to you.

First, where do you see that I am bashing anything? I simply point out that it requires extra technology and that it is technology that is being phased out. So now that I know there is a workable alternative, I am making people aware of it. Yes, it still relies on RSS technology but that is because I know of no other alternative as yet. 

Do you have some personal attachment to the technology? Is there a problem with sharing alternatives? Based on responses I have received, seems like I am not the only one seeking such solutions. 

So why are you even asking the question?

And why am I even having to justify my sharing of useful information?

Mayor / Maire

@stonechucker wrote:
  Thanks to @RobertQc and @srlawren who brought the basis of your new howto to you.

@stonechuckerHope it makes everyones life a little easier! We all deserve to have the same advantages and knowledge.

Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 wrote:

This very thread I know you were pointed to by @RobertQc.  

@ShawnC13Thanks for the shoutout!

Hey @RobertQc, you're back!  Some folks were wondering where you got too.

Glad to see you're back.  I agree with what you tagged me in, and Bravo'd accordingly.

Oracle

@RobertQc wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

This very thread I know you were pointed to by @RobertQc.  

@ShawnC13Thanks for the shoutout!

@RobertQc, gald to see you around.  We were worried!!

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Mayor / Maire

@stonechucker wrote:

Hey @RobertQc, you're back!  Some folks were wondering where you got too.

Glad to see you're back.  I agree with what you tagged me in, and Bravo'd accordingly.

@stonechuckerHah, just came back to give myself 100,000 solutions!Just kidding!. Nice bug with lithium today.