cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get new deal as existing customer?

pie-so
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello the new promo is amazing, from my understanding I can get 4GB of data on 25$ plan forever until they decide to remove or change it?

I only have the 15$ plan but I would love to upgrade for this deal is there a way to do this?

20 REPLIES 20

@Dkloo2 

Depends exactly what the “Bonus Data” is that you are referring to. If it was Bonus Data for some number of months only and came with activations of anew plan, generally it would have been stipulated that you cant change plans or you will lose it. If it is free gifts from last August and again in December, given to all existing customers then it wont be lost if you switch plans.

The only way to get accurate replies is to give lots of detailed info about the bonus data, your plan, when you activated etc.

AE_Collector

Dkloo2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

How we get to moderator 

Dkloo2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

do we lose bonus data if we switch plans

And it wasn’t what you thought it was anyway. 

AE_Collector

@Pie its an old promotion no longer available

@pie-so I think you were confused with the offer, it is not saying you get 3GB add on added each month. What would happen if you took this promotion is you would get a one time 3GB of data that would roll over until you used it up. 

But the deal you speak of would be pretty awesome. lol

@pie-so 

If you're not concerned about keeping your phone number then stock up on cheap sim cards at CCS (10 for $29.99). Sign up for the deals offered and just activate on the promo you like the best. You can keep doing this if you don't mind changing your phone number everytime and abandoning any accumulated rewards like loyalty or friend referrals.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Flash sales usually don't get announced early. They usually only last a couple days, sometimes a long weekend. They're sometimes restricted to certain provinces or locations, etc.

I could never understand the purpose of these things. "We're having a sale next weekend! For two days only! (New customer activations only!)"

How is a one-time savings of twenty bucks or a couple of "free" GB supposed to motivate people to instantly abandon their existing carriers so they can buy the promo? Most people pay month to month, and most people want their next bill to pickup where their last one leaves off. A $20 incentive (a month later) is not perceived as a good deal at all if you've also gotta pay up your $25 (or whatever) for a plan, and another $5 or $10 for a SIM, and you've still got a few weeks left "unused" on your existing $30 plan.

How are new customers supposed to even know these promos exist? Especially when half the retailers and vendors don't even know these promos exist.

Indeed, how are new customers supposed to suddenly obtain a PM SIM card within a two-day timeframe? Especially when because of the sale (which nobody even knows exist) there's suddenly a shortage of these SIM cards, no physical stores seem to have any in stock, no online stores can ship their products on such short notice.

I like the sales. Sales are good. They sometimes even help secure another Referral. But most of the time they're just bad timing and too short notice and not enticing enough to get anyone's attention or be worth the effort.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@pie-so wrote:

Not sure why its not showing up but the promo code was FREE3GB

@pie-so   Are you talking about this promo?   edit: wrong link, will try to find the right one..

I believe you had to register your email between May 26-28th and then activate on $25/+ plans by June 12th.   The 3GB data add-on was a onetime promo add-on and you would not get it each month.   There might have been another promotion around then too, but any bonus data is usually a one time add-on.

Edit:  It seems the link isn't available for this promotion but here's screenshot that @Naepalm had of it.

dabr_2-1593202107346.png

pie-so

I forgot that this is just another corporation after all, thanks though for the quick responses!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@pie-so wrote:

Yeah its on the main page, so I have to cancel my account and can I use the same sim to activate a new account? 

@pie-so SIM cards are single-use only; if you cancel your account, the SIM card becomes useless.  You would need to purchase another SIM card to be able to re-activate as a new customer.

@pie-so wrote:

I figured PM would help its existing customers out if they asked....but I guess they are like ROGERS, TELUS, BELL, FIDO

@pie-so some promos are inclusive, some are only for new customers.  PM does not have a loyalty department, and doesn't negotiate plans; what you see is what you get.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

pie-so

Not sure why its not showing up but the promo code was FREE3GB

emby
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm also ready to go! Gotta love the glimmer of hope that a potential good deal brings on a Friday afternoon am

I right @RossN?

@treefrog wrote:

What is this real? I just signed up for $40/5gb?

@treefrog  Pie in the sky, perhaps?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@pie-so I cannot find such a deal please direct me to the promo I have an extra sim and am ready to go!!!😁

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

What is this real? I just signed up for $40/5gb?

@pie-so wrote:

Yeah its on the main page, so I have to cancel my account and can I use the same sim to activate a new account? 

I figured PM would help its existing customers out if they asked....but I guess they are like ROGERS, TELUS, BELL, FIDO

Show me the link for this offer, please.

pie-so

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@pie-so wrote:

Hello the new promo is amazing, from my understanding I can get 4GB of data on 25$ plan forever until they decide to remove or change it?

I only have the 15$ plan but I would love to upgrade for this deal is there a way to do this?

Read the offer completely; almost always it will say "new activations".  In which case, you cannot convert your current account but could open a new one for the deal. And no, you cannot transfer a phone number between PM accounts.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@pie-so is this real? can you show me the promo, because sign up me up!

Need Help? Let's chat.