cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future dating promo plan

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi trying to convince my mom to switch to PM. But shw has $80 credit (3 months) of funds available with her current provder (chatr).

She would like to use the credit first and then switch.  

My thoughts are to do the following:

1) buy a 10 day text only plan

2) future date the $27 promo plan

3) let the 10 day plan expire

4) wait 80ish days then add funds to the PM account

5) port in mother number

I believe that the above should allow mom to use her existing credit and get the promo plan down the road.

Will this work?  If the plan change doesn't happen is there any recource? 

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

mimmo
I ended up messaging a mod asking the same question below is the reply.

Here's how it works - let's say that you currently have a 10 day plan activated (that will expire in a few days), and you future date a promo plan. If the funds are not available (or autopay is not enabled) upon the renewal, the new plan will not kick in - it will appear as suspended. Once the funds are added, the plan you selected should automatically renew.

If you want to save a spot for the 25$ promo plan for your mom, I do suggest that you activate a SIM card with a 10 day plan. You will then future date for the new plan to kick in - let it expire - and top up once you want to activate it. Keep in mind that you will have 90 days to top up after your plan is expired - before the account becomes deactivated.

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@NDesai Hrmm, I blame sleeping in this morning on my lack of reading comprehension, then 😛

@WearySky wrote:

This is a very good question (future dating a plan change, but not having the funds there to activate it).  I would *assume* that the plan change would still take effect, but the mods would have to confirm that for us.

I already said it won't. Also confirmed by Luddite here. During the fall 4GB promo, many users had this question of future dating promo plan as they want to wait for their contract to end. 

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This is a very good question (future dating a plan change, but not having the funds there to activate it).  I would *assume* that the plan change would still take effect, but the mods would have to confirm that for us.

I think your best option would be to wait and see the end date of that promo. For example, if the promo were to end May 15th, you must activate on or before May 15th. There is no point of you opening place holder account as it won't work and you will be paying $11 for no reason. 

mimmo

@ShawnC13 I was refering to the $25 ($27 before auto pay) talk and text plan

Of course would not do any of this until i knew the end date of the promo. if it lasted a couple months then likley this whole topic is null but if it expires in a 2 weeks then it would be something to look into doing.

As mentioned i was going to futuredate the plan while the 10 day plan was active (which works)  

The big question is, what happens when there is a futuredate and not enough funds in teh account to cover the future date plan  

option 1) the future date plan goes from future dated to active, but since there are no funds/autopay the plan get suspended. 

option 2) the plan gets suspended and the future date plan is not implemted /is lost.

The future dated plan will not renew if you go into suspended status. I believe you can reactivate the current plan only or if the promo plan is still available, mod can activate that. 

If you want to get everything ready, you should get on the 10 days plan and let it expire. After 89 days, if that promo is still active and they didn't announce end date, you can renew the 10 days plan if your mom is still not ready to transfer. If they announce end date before 89 days, you must activate the promo plan before it ends. 

Alternatively, you can just wait till they announce end date for that promo. When they do, get on the promo plan just before it ends. 

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
Sound like a plan but have a question as u mentioned
1) buy a 10 day text only plan
2) future date the $27 promo plan
3) let the 10 day plan expire
4) wait 80ish days then add funds to the PM account
5) port in mother number

If you get a 10 dollars text plan and future date the 27 dollars plan
Then let the 10 dollar plan expire and wait 80 days that's I have a feeling it's gonna be issue here (my own thought)
I mean if you set a future date and after 10 dollars plan expire it's suspended right then I don't know how does the suspended plan with future plan change works I don't know if pm will let u do that or not since account suspended for 80ish days

As I mentioned just my own opinion let see what other have to say about this

@ShawnC13 you beat me by fractions of seconds
But at least we both have a same point lol
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@mimmo, what $27 plan are you referring to? I don't think you can future date a plan when your account is suspended but I am not sure.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.