cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrated with customer service from PM and need help with US roaming

Lag333
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi everyone,

I've had a very frustrating time messaging a mod today and really want some help I haven't been able to get. 

I tried to get this person to add 3 GB of data for US roaming and a US talk and text plan. At first I was told to add money first because I had 0 dollars. This didn't make sense because I told them that my problem was that the plus signed greyed out after I added 1 GB. I just wanted to add 3 gb. I told them I have done it before where i have added what I needed and you authorize a payment. This was a two step process I'm already aware of. But they didn't understand me and continued to try to walk me through adding this add on myself and told me whatever I did was impossible since they misunderstood me. Fast forward , I added 75 onto the account using "his way" in the credit card screen. Instead they told me to add the 1 gb of US roaming and then go and re-add it 2 more times. This does not work and I know it. Because once you add 1 GB of Us roaming, this option won't be available for the next 10 days and I have to wait for it to expire.

This email back and forth went on for half my day today. They apologized eventually for not knowing and not telling me sooner. I wasted about 4-5 emails and so much time when all I wanted to know was , how do I get 3 GB of Us roaming !!!!!!!! Is there any way I can do this now that they've manually added only 1 gb on their end ?

Thanks for listening to my rant.

9 REPLIES 9

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

PM's US Roaming options are not where they should be, in my opinion.

I would recommend going with a US carrier while you are visiting. It'll be easier. Trust me. 

jpar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hope you get things resolved as soon as possible!

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @Lag333,

thank you for taking the time to reach out to us and express your concerns.

I'm really sorry to hear that you've come across a frustrating situation and interaction, but rest assured that I am here to help you. I have received your private message and I will be looking into it as soon as possible. Please expect my reply shortly.

Respectfully,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am I just chedcked only the US 10 day  addons are limited to 1 each.  it seems though you could add all of them at the same time. Did not go past the adding screen so  not sure if teh system will actually add them  once you make a payment 

@NDesai wrote:

@will13am True with US add-ons only. Other add-ons can be purchased multiple times. 

Yes of course.  The add-ons with no expiry would work differently I suppose.  Would the system allow me to purchase multiple domestic data add-ons at once or do I have to use up the first before buying more data?

@will13am True with US add-ons only. Other add-ons can be purchased multiple times. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Lag333, I have no idea who you communicated with.  It is definitely incorrect advice.  An add on can only be purchased one at a time.  The reason this is done is because the add on starts immediately upon purchase.  Imagine if the system allowed the same addon to be purchased multiple times.  The add ons would be running concurrently, which totally defeats the purpose.  You will have to queue up the next purchase after the first one expires.  That is the way it is until they implement a means of delaying the start of an add on. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

My recolection from reading the forums was they only allow 1 addon at a time.  so people dont accedently add double addons and then request a refund, or get mad that the are not offered a refund.  So from your post you want 3gb of data over a single 10 day period.

If tahts the case hopefully you get a different mod tomorrow and tehy can manually add 3gb of data over teh 10 days, now taht you have funds. or will have to repurchase the addon  when your first gig is used up.  not sure if mod assistance is neeeded (adduming data addon dissapears once it is used.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Hi, 

Sorry to hear that you had such experience with Public Mobile. 

You cannot purchase the same US add-on before 10 days. Hopefully in the near future, Public Mobile figure out a way to allow repurchasing of the same add-on before 10 days period expires. Our mods are super awesome and they know their stuff. I am not sure how they missed this information and created some confusion. 

Need Help? Let's chat.