cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From Ontario Travelling To BC for vacation

adrianchow
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello everyone,

I will be travelling from Ontario to BC for a few weeks and was just wondering if I will be able to access my current data plan over in BC, or do I need to purchase a separate add on data package or sim card? I only have Ontario wide call, 6GB of data /3months.

Please let me know. 

9 REPLIES 9

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@adrianchow I use the google Hangouts app on my phone and tablet if there is wifi around which there always seems to be. Saves my plan minutes.  Enjoy your trip.  Cheers

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@adrianchow wrote:

Hello everyone,

I will be travelling from Ontario to BC for a few weeks and was just wondering if I will be able to access my current data plan over in BC, or do I need to purchase a separate add on data package or sim card? I only have Ontario wide call, 6GB of data /3months.

Please let me know. 

@adrianchow  Maybe this would also be a good time to compare your current plan with other plans that PM is currently offering to see if you can get Canada wide calling and texting for the same price that you are currently paying or less. Smiley Happy

lucysong010
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Data is national-wide. Do not waorry about it. Just use it as usual.

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Buy an add-on for convenience, but also get an app like Fongo to give you unlimited calling while you are away.

the combination will make life much easier for you without having to worry about using all your minutes up.

Good luck!

@will13am wrote:

@hairbag1 wrote:

Your phone will work to call only the numbers you dial within the province you happen to be in. Your data will work wherever you are.

You can get a Public Mobile  200 minute Canada or US calling Add-on for $8  so you can call anywhere in North America...for 200 minutes.

Alternatively, using a calling app will eliminate the need to buy minutes.  I have used both options, no real difference. 

Yes calling apps can be great so long as you have data or wifi!

@hairbag1 wrote:

Your phone will work to call only the numbers you dial within the province you happen to be in. Your data will work wherever you are.

You can get a Public Mobile  200 minute Canada or US calling Add-on for $8  so you can call anywhere in North America...for 200 minutes.

Alternatively, using a calling app will eliminate the need to buy minutes.  I have used both options, no real difference. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@adrianchow wrote:

Hello everyone,

Please let me know. 

Just to add to the posts already provided, you will have access to your texting and Data as those are Canada Wide.  You will be able to call BC numbers when in BC but you will still be able to receive all calls.  So if you need to talk to someone in Ont.  text them and ask them to call you!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@adrianchow wrote:

Hello everyone,

Please let me know. 

Just to add to what @hairbag1  said, the add-on minutes won't expire until all used, so a really useful back up to have for a limited calling or provincial only plans.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.