cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friend on contract till January- Best options to take advantage of PM

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

A friend wouldlike to take advantage of the PM 4GB/ month promo plan, but they are still on contact.  I know I can future date the promo.  

On the "plan planner" It allows you to pick 90 days, 0 voice, 0 text and 0 data for $25?  Has anyone ever tried this then at a later date add voice data etc...

else Global text on a 90day plan for 70$ seems the next best option.

Any suggestions on a "holding" Plan?

thanks

dom

6 REPLIES 6

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Grant_J wrote:

I'm pretty sure every provider uses the cancellation formula of subsidy/24*months remaining=fee. The most expensive subsidies should be $600, so you're looking at a max of $75 for 3 months early cancellation. Definitely could be worth it depending on the amount saved over the other plan.

This.  This this this.  Why pay $70 to "hold" a PM account that you're not going to use for 3 months, when you could just pay off your device balance early and use your monthly savings on the PM plan to pay it off?

Grant_J
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@JaK wrote:

The other thing they should check is early cancellation fee for the contract, it might make more sense to go that way.

I'm pretty sure every provider uses the cancellation formula of subsidy/24*months remaining=fee. The most expensive subsidies should be $600, so you're looking at a max of $75 for 3 months early cancellation. Definitely could be worth it depending on the amount saved over the other plan.

TK
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Two months early cancellation could cost 2x$10 or so, unless you have taken a very expensive phone. 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

An active plan must have at least 1 service so $70 is the least expensive 90 day plan. 

The rule for delayed activation means you must select this special offer before Nov 20 and it must activate on the next renewal. In your example, activate the texting plan Nov 15. On Nov 16 log into the account turn on autopay, select Change Plan, then Activate on next renewal, with the option “This is your plan cost minus Rewards. Any Available funds will be applied first.”. Around Feb 12 (double check) the special plan will activate.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

monster5000
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

[Removed] 

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @mimmo;

No, 0 - 0 - 0 is not a valid option, you need to have at least 1 service on the base plan. Yes you can set up a text only plan and then have it change to the promo plan on renewal. The thing you need to make sure you do is put in the change before Nov 20th.

The other thing they should check is early cancellation fee for the contract, it might make more sense to go that way.

Need Help? Let's chat.