cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

French message when I call from Toronto to Montreal

Etiot
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I recently activated my $35 plan and when I tried calling Montreal from Toronto, I get a long French message that I don't understand followed by the ring and the call. So the call went fine I'm just worried that I was charged long distance fees, but I'm pretty sure my plan includes Canada-wide calling. Anyone know what the message says and if I'm okay? 

6 REPLIES 6

kmayell
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The French message is stating that "long distance charges may apply" (but in French). 
Similar message will be spoken by a machine if you call say somewhere in Alberta, but don't press one before the number.

Charges won't actually apply, as long as you have Canada wide coverage on your plan.

Etiot

French message for long distance goes away by adding the +1 to the number.

Submitted a ticket and got it sorted by the mods!

Thanks, everyone!

Etiot

@totalUser wrote:

Probably a warning message that you didn't place 1 before dialing out the nonlocal number and that the long distance charges may apply. Since you have Canada wide calling you can ignore it. If it's annoying, dial 1 before the number. I save all of my numbers with 1 in front cause I find it annoying

Cheers

Yeah, the message showed up because I didn't put the stupid +1. Thanks XD

@computergeek541 
I've submitted a ticket, it'll probably be resolved soon. Thankies 😛

@Etiot wrote:

So I recently activated my $35 plan and when I tried calling Montreal from Toronto, I get a long French message that I don't understand followed by the ring and the call. So the call went fine I'm just worried that I was charged long distance fees, but I'm pretty sure my plan includes Canada-wide calling. Anyone know what the message says and if I'm okay? 

I'm thinking that your account may have been mistakenly set up with French as being your language preference. Are you a new customer?  If you call your voicemail, is it also in French? If you prefer your account's default language to be English, you'll need to open a ticket by using https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ and typing in "rep".

As for long distance charges, Public Mobile doesn't charge fees for individual usages. If the call isn't already included in your plan or unless you've paid for an add-on that allow it, the call wouldn't have gone through.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Etiot wrote:

Not sure what that message would be but you'll not get any long distance fees with PM. Your $35 calling includes Unlimited Canada wide calling as long as you're in Canada.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Probably a warning message that you didn't place 1 before dialing out the nonlocal number and that the long distance charges may apply. Since you have Canada wide calling you can ignore it. If it's annoying, dial 1 before the number. I save all of my numbers with 1 in front cause I find it annoying

Cheers

Need Help? Let's chat.