cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedom plan change

nockers98
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Need help urgently! So no more then a month ago I changed to public from FREEDOM and see that now after I was already transferred that theres a promo if you switch from freedom. If I was aware of this i would have waited the extra month just to hop on this promo. What can be done about this? there has to be something that can be done here, I would understand if nothing could be done if this was several months after the fact but this is within the same month. I would truly appreciate if this could be honoured and I could apply for this deal. 

I understand that i signed up before the promo but that was probably days before this promo occured 

Thank you, Oktawian

22 REPLIES 22

nockers98

thank you @Luddite @NDesai @ShawnC13 @klow1118 i messaged them and got my plan switched to the one i wanted, thanks for all your inputs and the help 

nockers98

@Luddite wrote:

@nockers98 GIve the moderators 24 hours to get back to you before taking any action. Hoepfully, you have sent them a private message.

@Luddite i have and i am waiting on them before changing anything, appreciate the help

@nockers98 GIve the moderators 24 hours to get back to you before taking any action. Hoepfully, you have sent them a private message.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

nockers98

@NDesai thank you i guess i will do that if i cant get honoured, greatly appreciated

nockers98

@NDesai wrote:

@nockers98 wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

@nockers98 We understand that any Freedom plan is acceptable.

@Luddite

ok thanks i may just have to go back to Freedom and back to Public if they cant honor me

Porting your current number to FM is not necessary. You can sign up with FM by picking a new number and port that number into a new PM account. After receiving 6GB bonus, you can port in your number from old PM account to the new one. 

Note: Use alternate email address when you create new PM account. 

interesting approach, i may need to do that but seems like others are doubtfull that you can switch numbers between accounts 

@ShawnC13 @Luddite Sorry for the confusion. I am aware that you can NOT transfer from PM > PM and keep both accounts. I am just letting them know that the process of porting out to FM can be avoided. 

@NDesai Thanks.

@Luddite Why not? Yes, either way the old PM account will be deactivated. Its better to port in directly from PM > PM rather then PM > FM > PM. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/How-can-I-change-my-phone-number/m-p/15999

@Luddite wrote:

@NDesai Are you certain a number can be ported between PM accounts? Assume the port-out account gets closed.

Interested in answer as I have always heard you could not switch PM numbers between plans

But I see you are suggesting creating a whole new PM account and closing old one when you port to the Competitive Freedom Promo

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@NDesai Are you certain a number can be ported between PM accounts? Assume the port-out account gets closed.

@nockers98 wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

@Luddite

ok thanks i may just have to go back to Freedom and back to Public if they cant honor me

Porting your current number to FM is not necessary. You can sign up with FM by picking a new number and port that number into a new PM account. After receiving 6GB bonus, you can port in your number from old PM account to the new one. 

Note: Use alternate email address when you create new PM account. 

nockers98

@Luddite wrote:

@Luddite

nockers98

@NDesai

thank you!

@NDesai wrote:

@nockers98 wrote:

yeah i will have to do that hopefully they will honour the fact that the change happened soon before the promo went on, where would i be able to find the moderators? fairly new to this whole customer service online thing

thanks 

You can send private message to any one moderator.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

@nockers98 wrote:

yeah i will have to do that hopefully they will honour the fact that the change happened soon before the promo went on, where would i be able to find the moderators? fairly new to this whole customer service online thing

thanks 

You can send private message to any one moderator.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

nockers98

thanks 

@nockers98 wrote:

i believe it was just a few days, but i dont know when the promo started. i know it wasnt too far apart from one another

Then try sending a private message to a mod as suggested above by Luddite.

nockers98

i believe it was just a few days, but i dont know when the promo started. i know it wasnt too far apart from one another

nockers98

i was thinking of that to be honest, just i would waste 2 months of payed subscription but it would be worth it in the end, also would you heppen to know if this would work with any plan from freedom? or just the same one public is offering? 

Nothing wrong with testing the limits of Public Mobile's generosity. So, why not send  a private message to the moderator team with your phone number and an polite explanation. 

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

That's unfortunate. If it was just a few days, they would've honored it to you, but a month ago will not be possible. No one knows when the promo pops up. I suggest you to stay tuned for future promotional offers. 

klow1118
Previous Freedom customer as well. Unfortunately, it states on the site that "any customers who transferred to Public Mobile from Freedom prior to the promotion start date will not be eligible"

Could try porting back to Freedom then back to public if you really need the data
Need Help? Let's chat.