Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedom Mobile - $40 for 10gb for Public Mobile/Koodo/Telus Customers

shawnie_boy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
155 REPLIES 155

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Ontario says the same thing when Koodo/Telus have deals for Quebec 6GB LTE $49 Canada Wide unlimited talk text

Yes, I know what you mean @xCameron94x

Its also the quality of the voice and data that should be also be considered. 

Most people came to pm from fm due to bad reception. 

I I think just to fight back pm should at least open up the promo offer to all customers for 6gb per 30 days for $40/ month. 

jshmeek

If Public didn't axe their promo from yesterday, I'd be going to Walmart today, buying a new Public sim, activating a temp account on Freedom to get that deal by port. But they axed it (and by the looks of it, extremely prematurely, they didn't even communicate an end date). By allowing my current account to remain on stand-by, and also have an account on Freedom, I can get either deal from either carrier, or my old plan. Being that my bill date tomorrow, it just makes sense.

@Mana its a good saftey net to have, for people who listen to spotify,watch videos on their commute to work. Besdies thats 10gb over 1 month, where PM is 12GB over 90 days. If both are $40 wouldnt you want to go with the one that offers more?

I'll bug them on Facebook for more details

Mana
Mayor / Maire

Do people really use 10gb of data in one month??

if you are never really gonna use 10gb per month then it's useless. 

jshmeek
@torontokris wrote:

What plan are you on? If your unhappy contact a mod, if that doesnt help port over to Freedom. Maybe PM will offer a discounted plan / competitive plan to bring you/others back.

Your money talks, let it talk for you.

That's exactly my idea. I want service, but I'm not willing to renew a 90 day plan just to have PM turn around and offer a new promo. As for my point on hopping to and fro between carriers, sure competition is good, but if it is so targetted that customers need to buy two or three sims and port to make an account then port back to their old carrier, it's just silly. Offer the plans to all.

torontokris

I could barely use 1GB of data (on 3G) with Wind. It was constant time-outs, calls going right to voicemail etc even with full signal (network congestion). But I have not used their LTE.

Least they are providing some competition, and forcing some competition deals (albeit for one day).

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

10GB is awesome, too bad it's on Freedom's network though.  Not to mention that even if their LTE network isn't congested right now, their 3G network (where calls and texts go through) still is.  So all those people complaining about dropped calls, text messages not sending/receiving, that's still going to be an issue.

torontokris

Whats wrong with customers jumping to and fro? Thats exactly what the CRTC wanted, the freedom, or should I say ability to switch carriers if you find a better deal etc... and not to be locked down to one carrier under a contract.

If another company wants to come out with a better deal ill jump... if another carrier wants to top that I can decided to stay or leave. Its my choice.

torontokris

What plan are you on? If your unhappy contact a mod, if that doesnt help port over to Freedom. Maybe PM will offer a discounted plan / competitive plan to bring you/others back.

Your money talks, let it talk for you.

jshmeek

Who knows, maybe Public would come back with an 18GB/$126/90 day plan or an 18GB/$135/90 day plan with Canada-wide calling. I'm going to leave my Public account for a while (supposed to renew tomorrow), get a Koodo $30 100mb/100 min postpaid plan, port that to get the Freedom deal, and then wait on Public's move. I'd be eligible for either renewal of the old plan, activation of a possible PM retention plan, or yet another Freedom port offer.

This is becoming a joke way too fast. Pretty soon, more customers could be hopping to and fro between carriers like this (off retention plans and targetted promos).

Grampa
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
I had 6GB LTE with Freedom for $40 and could never use more than 4GBbecause of spotty LTE and 3g coverage in GTA from Oshawa to Pickering, Markham, Scarborough and Mississauga. After experiencing PM network I would nit go back to FM even for 20GB.

CalvinW

@xCameron94x For sure, hopefully, they are going to offer the promo plan for everyone so customers already on their network would be able to take advantage of it. I am just tired of PM offering plans to certain demographics 

collin1215

My lord O.O this is HOT

@CalvinW i'd at least wait to see what they're going to do now. It'll be interesting to see now since they are the ones being targeted what they have planned. This is the nature of the game when you try to target someones customers. Yes you can compare recepition issues, ect but PM has had its fair share of autopay, porting, payment, ect issues 

CalvinW
Time to leave PM. They never offer any customer retention plans anyway. They only try to target users on other carriers

CalvinW
PM has gone down the drain since the Fall promo anyway.

shawnie_boy

@will13am wrote:

The latest promo was offered for all of one day!  Talk about you snooze you lose.  I was just about to get some more referrals and now Public Mobile just pulled the rug on me.  I don't know what Freedom is trying to do with this 10 gig offer.  If you can't connect to the network properly, how is offering more data useful.  It is like being fed a second plate of food that you really despise.

1 day is bairly enough time to get a sim card. What is PM doing.

Halfdome
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Great if you live in Ontario.   But what about the Atlantic provinces?  Aren't we a part of Canada too?

MEU_21

Wow, that is hot! Can't find any links to the offer through Freedom mobile though.

I've got another line on Freedom that is pretty good for my purposes with good reception in my area. So, this is definitely attractive! I wonder how long this will be available for.

XJin
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Freedom mobile is not that bad as before, especially their LTE network.

one of my friends is using it and told me he can get full bar good speed LTE all the way from Markham to Niagara Falls Ontario.

The latest promo was offered for all of one day!  Talk about you snooze you lose.  I was just about to get some more referrals and now Public Mobile just pulled the rug on me.  I don't know what Freedom is trying to do with this 10 gig offer.  If you can't connect to the network properly, how is offering more data useful.  It is like being fed a second plate of food that you really despise.

Vickel

This is how competition should be 

Not just matching a competitors pricing 

Vickel

Going to be hard to get people back that already switched since they prepaid for 90 days

Koodo and Telus customers will benefit but be warned about the spotty service 

canucks4life

Looks like PM pulled their Freedom promo already lol

Looks like freedom playing snatching game.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Nsk143
It a probably just home. I have 66 band phone I will call and get details first. Then will think about it should I make a move or no.

Vickel

They could give 100GB but good luck being able to use it

So many people moving away from freedom because of this

In some areas you could have full bars with freedom and data would be slow and unusable

Nsk143
10gb that's a huge difference on data. Freedom really working hard to get pm telus and koodo business

Probably. I'm a bit tempted. I don't have band 66. But both my home and where I work are in the home network. That's 10GB month too. Just don't know if that's split into home and away. Or just home
Need Help? Let's chat.