Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedom Mobile - $40 for 10gb for Public Mobile/Koodo/Telus Customers

shawnie_boy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
155 REPLIES 155

jshmeek

So, the promo isn't gone I guess. They must be revamping it to better match Freedom.244ef16c74e260d598554154f8b494fe.png

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@geologyking well yes, but all of those were after the first Freedom-only plan 🙂

geologyking
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@WearySkyWell the 1st FM promotion plan and then yesterday's now you see me, now you don't plan as well 🙂

Edit: Just realised you only meant the plans up until the first FM targeted plan--sounds right.

PhoneSeeker

@canucks4life wrote:

Looks like PM pulled their Freedom promo already lol

PM got cold feet after seeing Freedom's 10GB offer and decided it was no longer worth targeting Freedom. Smiley LOL

WearySky

@CalvinW wrote:
Time to leave PM. They never offer any customer retention plans anyway. They only try to target users on other carriers

As far as I can remember, every promo plan prior to the first Freedom-only plan has been available to existing customers as well as new customers.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Raven_Jet wrote:
If you get on the ground floor, you will be there for a while with bad service and then who knows how long it of a wait time.

I need fast reliable service that I get from PM right now, not later lol.

I concur. The additional data is not attractive to me since I don't even use a third of the 12 GB I have now.  Price and reliability is more important to me.  PM has what I need, at the right price.  The Freedom offer would have to drop to around $30-32 for me to consider it.

@xCameron94x thanks for posting that. 

I think the way their plans work is, you need to get a higher pricing plan to get away/roaming minutes and data. So it's all built-in in their plans. That is why there are no separate add-ons. 

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I dont agree that Freedom "forced their hand"

You cant directly compare Freedom and PM.

Dont think we will see a 6GB PM plan for $40~ but we will have to see.. how many days till Black Friday?

talked to them over facebook quickly about the promo. This is what i got

chat.JPG

@geologyking @xCameron94x, I have read the same that it maybe late this year to early next year. 

I have also heard that they are now shifting their focus from implementing LTE on band 66 to these two new bands since just like robellus these two new LTE bands are compatible with all cell phones and great reception. 

Raven_Jet
Maybe when 5G is available then freedom will have 4G.. or stable 3.5G

jshmeek

These promos really leave a door open for Fido and Virgin to pick up some customers too. Maybe they'll run something to compete soon too.

@geologyking i read something on reddit. Someone said possibly late september, someone else said 2018

geologyking

@Raven_Jet  I get that, and I hesitate to move for that reason.  I haven't read a specific date for those two bands to go online, although I've read some speculation that it'll be this fall. 

Suggestion, doubit it will happen. They should start offering promos on 30 day plans. Maybe some people won't like being "locked in" for 90 days.

jshmeek

@WearySky wrote:

Keeping my fingers crossed that PM comes up with something competitive.  And they'll want to make sure they make it available to existing PM customers if they want to prevent a mass exodus.  Lol.

I'd say a $40 or $45 6GB equivalent plan (90 day) would prevent it. Of course, they'd need to open it up so that Public customers can get it now that Freedom somewhat forced their hand.

Raven_Jet
If you get on the ground floor, you will be there for a while with bad service and then who knows how long it of a wait time.

I need fast reliable service that I get from PM right now, not later lol.

WearySky

Keeping my fingers crossed that PM comes up with something competitive.  And they'll want to make sure they make it available to existing PM customers if they want to prevent a mass exodus.  Lol.

geologyking

@MEU_21  I don't think PM would have dropped yesterday's offer unless FM's offer was good.

jshmeek

@torontokris wrote:

Wonder if the Freedom 35% Friends and Family promo is eligible for this plan !!! that would be 10GB for $26

The article says it's not available with the "Better Together savings".

Edit: Scratch that, I read it wrong. It IS available with it. Quite the steal.

torontokris

Wonder if the Freedom 35% Friends and Family promo is eligible for this plan !!! that would be 10GB for $26

jshmeek

@MEU_21 wrote:

I find this whole thread premature and irrelevant until I actually see something on Freedom's website about this offer.

When that day comes, I'll try to get my existing Freedom plan switched to this offer and I will seriously consider switching my existing PM account.

I called in and spoke to a supervisor. It's available by port in store.

torontokris

If someone ordered a sim yesterday (to try and get the plan) I would contact a mod and tell them you ordered a sim to try and get the plan. See if they can put you on the plan

MEU_21

I find this whole thread premature and irrelevant until I actually see something on Freedom's website about this offer.

When that day comes, I'll try to get my existing Freedom plan switched to this offer and I will seriously consider switching my existing PM account.

Vickel

@Raven_Jet wrote:
That's a good plan they are offering but I know too many people that left because the network sucks. I'm not leaving PM, the network has worked great for me. I continue to enjoy the PM services.

well said,

so many people were waiting for PM to offer the competitive plan again, but looks like the counter from Freedom mobile has scared them away.

Really looks bad on Public Mobile to offer it for 1 day. I would be mad if I ordered a SIM online for this.

geologyking

@Raven_Jet  That's definitely the calculation right now but once FM has those other two bands up and running, reliability should be much better with FM.  Get in on the groundfloor now?

Raven_Jet
That's a good plan they are offering but I know too many people that left because the network sucks. I'm not leaving PM, the network has worked great for me. I continue to enjoy the PM services.

@geologyking Is right about FM has acquired two new LTE bands. So in long term being with FM may pay off. 

In short term, it's FM useless data vs PM useful data. 

geologyking

It's worth keeping in mind as well that Freedom does have two more LTE bands(7 and 13) coming online in the near future(and bands that are more common on phones).

As for PM's marketing, they look pretty silly right now axing their offer to Freedom after 24 hours--if they don't come back with something, they'll look downright idiotic.

torontokris

How has PM gone down the drain? The network is still reliable and fast.

Yes if your referring to the new "3G speed" plans/prices, they have gone down the drain. However the network has not changed.

Need Help? Let's chat.