Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedom Mobile - $40 for 10gb for Public Mobile/Koodo/Telus Customers

shawnie_boy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
155 REPLIES 155

denkom

@geologyking How do you order the FM sim online? I couldn't find it on their site.

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Where did you hear that it will end tonight?

Michael77

I think PM upset FM.

PhoneSeeker

@paulie wrote:

This is a prime example of what I've been asking for!   For a while now I have aksed PublicMobile to offer up more data for a cheap price.   It seems that FreedomMobile understands what the customers are looking for (they must be reading the community threads here) and they offer up 10GB !   

I will be leaving PublicMobile soon (might go to Freedom store now), but maybe just maybe I should hold out a bit longer to see what PublicMobile is going to do with our requests.   Please be the "leader" PublicMobile and not a follower. 

Freedom's deal is supposed to end tonight. I would advise you to open a cheap Koodo plan, port into Freedom tonight. Then you can port your PM number to Freedom at a later date, or cancel Freedom and get prorated charges refunded (pay-after plan).

PhoneSeeker

@denkom wrote:

@PhoneSeeker Hopefully not. We need more competition between providers....not less! 😞

Hopefully not, but then again, Shaw's CEO has publicly stated a few times that he's not going to use Freedom to "rock the boat". Smiley Wink

geologyking
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@canucks4lifeYou can order a FM sim online--the charge was waved(not sure if this is a limited time promotion though).

paulie

This is a prime example of what I've been asking for!   For a while now I have aksed PublicMobile to offer up more data for a cheap price.   It seems that FreedomMobile understands what the customers are looking for (they must be reading the community threads here) and they offer up 10GB !   

I will be leaving PublicMobile soon (might go to Freedom store now), but maybe just maybe I should hold out a bit longer to see what PublicMobile is going to do with our requests.   Please be the "leader" PublicMobile and not a follower. 

denkom

@PhoneSeeker Hopefully not. We need more competition between providers....not less! 😞

PhoneSeeker

@Michael77 wrote:

I thought the promotion just started?

It did. And just like the PM promo, it is going to end after less than a day. Collusion at it's finest, no? Smiley Wink

Michael77

I thought the promotion just started?

PhoneSeeker

@geologyking wrote:

Wouldn't it be suspicious if FM shuts this down after PM already shut theirs down and no new deal as suggested by the mod?  You'd think PM and FM were colluding to not compete.

This is just the very early stages of a new Shaw/Telus collusion era. Mark my words! Smiley LOL

Shaw wants to eventually join the Big 3 to form the Big 4.

jshmeek

Freedom SIM is $10. As for whether the 10gb promotion ends tonight, I have no idea. I just saw someone blurt it out on the other post. I should really give Freedom a call to confirm that.

Mana
Mayor / Maire

I think I may be too stupid to understand PM's strategy to compete. 

This is what it sounds like, "let's just go backward to turtle slow 3G plans and to make it even better, let's just also increase the pricing for these plans. Let's just try competing with chatr (crapper) which no one wants anyways, instead of taking customers away from upcoming discounted LTE provider."

jshmeek

@geologyking wrote:

@PhoneSeeker  Are you sure this deal ends tonight?  Someone posted something in the thread from a mod saying PM was coming back with another deal.

Wouldn't it be suspicious if FM shuts this down after PM already shut theirs down and no new deal as suggested by the mod?  You'd think PM and FM were colluding to not compete.

Yeah, I posted it. Who knows whats actually happening at this point? There haven't been any posts beyond Jeremy saying "To avoid unnecessary expectations. The promo has been removed and not put on hold."

Well, maybe that promo was removed instead of put on hold, but that opens all kinds of possibilities. A new promo w/ more data perhaps to properly compete with Freedom's 4GB plan (which isn't going away, and was PM's first target of their promotion)? Or the two carriers just go back to their dormant old selves? I'd assume the latter of the two.

Michael77

Interesting.

canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Going to buy a Freedom SIM card just in case PM counters with a good LTE nationwide promo...they cost $10 as well now right?

Wow just went to FM store they won't sell you just a SIM card without activating a plan some monkey business going on there...I wonder if prepaid SIM is different than postpaid?

FM store confirmed 10GB promo is today only.

geologyking

@PhoneSeeker  Are you sure this deal ends tonight?  Someone posted something in the thread from a mod saying PM was coming back with another deal.

jshmeek

I'm going in to get a Koodo plan first and I'll port that over (FM store nearby) to get this deal tonight. I'll let you all know how the service and process is. Worse thing that happens is I fall back to my standby PM account in the next few days and get the few days charges prorated on Freedom (I'm going away to Sask. next week, so with Freedom it would be a crapshoot to say the least).

PhoneSeeker

@LeSong wrote:
10 GB for $40, This is a dream became true .. WOW
I'll be seriously considering switching within the next few days as PM deals lately has been nothing close to this deal.
Now, unlike other customers on PM network., I have tried Wind-network for years when it used to be called Wind and i was alright with the service. And now I've been hearing it's much better where i live in Mississauga and all Toronto areas in general. So i don't see a reason why should i push 10GB back for the same amount of money i'm paying for 4GB ??

The Freedom deal ends tonight. If you snooze....you'll lose.

LeSong
10 GB for $40, This is a dream became true .. WOW
I'll be seriously considering switching within the next few days as PM deals lately has been nothing close to this deal.
Now, unlike other customers on PM network., I have tried Wind-network for years when it used to be called Wind and i was alright with the service. And now I've been hearing it's much better where i live in Mississauga and all Toronto areas in general. So i don't see a reason why should i push 10GB back for the same amount of money i'm paying for 4GB ??

Mana
Mayor / Maire

I think this is the first time that FM is targeting PM and PM seems to be shocked by it and doesn't seem to have an answer 😞

basically what happened to the PM promo

giphy-downsized (1).gif

PhoneSeeker

Somebody on a different forum mentioned that a Freedom Mobile rep told them that the 10GB promo expires tonight. Maybe the CEO of Telus and Shaw met up and finally agreed to quit the competition? Smiley LOL

geologyking

@jeffster1970  Good news is that Shaw has purchased LTE Bands 7 and 13 to use for FM and most phones carry these bands.  Rollout is supposed to be this fall but I haven't seen a firm date yet.

jeffster1970

**bleep**, really sucks that FM never got LTE for their other bands. I'm not buying another phone but that offer is terrific...if you can manage to stay on their home network and have a band 66 phone. 

geologyking

@RogerI  No way around this at the moment, with the exception of going for the 59$ plan 😞

geologyking

@xCameron94xI'd bet it won't be opened up beyond FM users--I'll be happy though if it is and open to us as well.

RogerI

This is all great fun. The PM 23 hour marketing campaign! No time to even visit Walmart, and get back. I wonder what will happen tomorrow? Stay turned! My guess is cooler heads will result in both PM and FM both taking a step back. So, if people want the FM 10 GB plan, I would jump now. Like right now.

On another note, I am really surprised Freedom does not have some kind of Away add-on for their plans. I know they have a $59 plan that does include Away minutes and data, including the US.This means that if you step one foot out of the Home network, you are paying extra. Of course, I guess, you can turn off roaming, and wait until you are back in the Home network footprint. From what I understand with their spotty service you can drop out of their network in downtown Ottawa.I live in Cumberland, on the edge of their coverage area. So, no way I can switch without Away minutes and data. Or is there some way around this?

jshmeek

@xCameron94x wrote:
They shouldn't keep it only for freedom. Allow other customers. Who knows. Rogers and bell could be ready to pounce

I assume they need to consider that they got matched with a plan targetting their customers, they'll most likely need to open it up to everyone now. Hopeful and keeping my fingers crossed.

They shouldn't keep it only for freedom. Allow other customers. Who knows. Rogers and bell could be ready to pounce
Need Help? Let's chat.