cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free data

Milk
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Bell seems determined not to loose my business. When I first tried  to port my bell number to PM they gave me 200 free local minutes per month. And just earlier today when I again tried to port my number they again kept me by also including 500 mb of data each month. It may be hard to believe but now my bell plan that a few years back cost me $35 + taxes is now down to 13.80 + taxes and features from just unlimited texting have increased to include voice and data. Years ago family in Europe couldn’t understand why our cell bills and long distance were so high compared to theirs soooo I guess it is true that here in North America were are gauged in every way possible. Sorry for the long winded post but I’m just happy that we are finally enjoying the benefits of free enterprise. 

5 REPLIES 5

Milk

I’m confused with your response but it doesn’t matter our back and forth has nothing to do with this PM help forum. Happy holidays to you and all. 

@Milk wrote:

@wetcoaster wrote:

@Milk wrote:

It would only be "benefits of free enterprise" if this pricing would be available to new customers. Good for you for getting it, but, as it this a retention offer, it doesn't qualify as a benchmark for 2018 cell phone plan prices available to the general public.

Just compare today’s Cell phone plan pricing to just a mere 3 years ago. Also land line phone and long distance charges have come  down significantly. Public Mobile’s $10 / month charge that includes 50 Canada wide long distance minutes , not many would have imagined possible a few years ago. 

Well, I admit I'm biased. But the last plan I had in Europe, before coming to Canada 15 years ago, had more minutes and texts for the equivalent of CAD10 than the 50/50 plan (I didn't use mobile data back then). Yes, only country wide, which admittedly is only a fraction of Canada's landscape.

So, you see, I never fully bought into the brainwash of the big three that a basic cell phone plan has to cost an arm and a leg. Too bad that the whole proper MVNO concept got its wings clipped...

Milk

@wetcoaster wrote:

@Milk wrote:

It would only be "benefits of free enterprise" if this pricing would be available to new customers. Good for you for getting it, but, as it this a retention offer, it doesn't qualify as a benchmark for 2018 cell phone plan prices available to the general public.

Just compare today’s Cell phone plan pricing to just a mere 3 years ago. Also land line phone and long distance charges have come  down significantly. Public Mobile’s $10 / month charge that includes 50 Canada wide long distance minutes , not many would have imagined possible a few years ago. 

Milk

Yes that is correct- they only added the extra benefits in order to retain my 7 year plus accounts with them.  Furthermore  the extra Bell benefits extended to me are only good for 12 months. In a way I feel ripped off for only receiving these benefits after I tried to close my accounts but as they say “ I’m not going to cut my nose to spite my face”.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@Milk wrote:

Bell seems determined not to loose my business. When I first tried  to port my bell number to PM they gave me 200 free local minutes per month. And just earlier today when I again tried to port my number they again kept me by also including 500 mb of data each month. It may be hard to believe but now my bell plan that a few years back cost me $35 + taxes is now down to 13.80 + taxes and features from just unlimited texting have increased to include voice and data. Years ago family in Europe couldn’t understand why our cell bills and long distance were so high compared to theirs soooo I guess it is true that here in North America were are gauged in every way possible. Sorry for the long winded post but I’m just happy that we are finally enjoying the benefits of free enterprise. 

Need Help? Let's chat.