cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Incoming Calls?

MaryAnnM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I have the $15 plan which includes free incoming call. I am trying to understand my purchase history, There are incoming calls, one for over 3 minutes, which is included in my 24 minutes used. This call has no originating number which is strange. Why is this call being counted in my minutes? Thanks in advance.

17 REPLIES 17

MaryAnnM

@jimbobs  As far as incoming calls go, I don't really need more info than my phone already gives me. Who, date, time, duration. Not sure what else I'd need.

jimbobs
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@MaryAnnM wrote:

They could always leave the minutes section blank on incoming calls. That being said, I can check my calls on my phone and how long I talked.

Remember, it's a usage report so you might want to know as much call detail as you can get including how long a call actually lasted.

MaryAnnM

They could always leave the minutes section blank on incoming calls. That being said, I can check my calls on my phone and how long I talked.

@MaryAnnM wrote:

@Dunkman  yeah, that's what started me checking in the first place. Incoming are included in it. Hopefully it doesn't mean anything, but it isn't the best way for a person to keep track of things.

If they didn't show the calls, people woild be concerned that the history isn't accurate. Most people have unlimited calls. Does that mean the call history should blank? We can go further and say since there's no extra chargess here, there's no need for any usage history.

The system applies rules about how to use your minutes. For a plan with unlimited incoming, incoming usage is ignored when calculating the remaining minutes of the plan.

MaryAnnM

@Dunkman  yeah, that's what started me checking in the first place. Incoming are included in it. Hopefully it doesn't mean anything, but it isn't the best way for a person to keep track of things.

Just because incoming minutes don't count towards the 100 minute limit for outgoing doesn't mean that they never happened thus they are included in the activity report. Most plans have unlimited incoming and outgoing calling so the activity reports would  be empty lists if that was how it worked.

AE_Collector

@MaryAnnM 

You probably already have seen it.  On the overview page under data and adds-ons:Pasted Graphic.png

MaryAnnM

Thanks everyone, helpful info. @Dunkman where do I find the minute tracker?

@MaryAnnM 

If you just go the plan recently, it should be free incoming calls.  The usage history is hard to read at times.  Minute tracker is usually accurate.  

If you feel that the numbers don't match, you could contact moderator to check for you.  Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to get moderator help.  

Here is the help article on limited plans (you should have unlimited incoming).

Talk minutes are counted whenever you make or receive calls on your phone. Talk time is calculated from the start of a call to when it is disconnected, and includes ring time and call routing. Total call time is always rounded up to the nearest minute. Please note that calls to voicemail and forwarding calls will use plan minutes.
Use Minutes                                    Doesn't Use Minutes
Making a callCalling *611 (the IVR)
Answering a callMaking or receiving calls from 911
Retrieving voicemail messagesUsing calling apps when connected to Wifi
Using call forwarding 

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

There are no charges for incoming calls but if there is an issue after checking your usage, contact a moderator by clicking ?, bottom right, and follow instructions.

MaryAnnM

@jimbobs  I made sure it was unlimited before signing up. That was a deal breaker.

MaryAnnM

Sorry, my daughter was helping me and in a hurry to get back to work, forgot to get rid of personal info.

If incoming calls are recorded but are free, what happens when you hit the limit? Aren't those incoming still going to make you go over?

jimbobs
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I had this issue a few months ago thinking the free incoming calls was an automatic addition to the $15 plan.  When I found out that was not the case, I changed my plan to $15 with unlimited incoming calls.  However, when I look at the usage reports, I can't see any difference.  I have always found the usage reports from PM to be pretty useless and wonder who could have come up with such complicated reports for such a simple service?

@MaryAnnM wrote:

I purchased the plan just this month, and it said incoming calls were free when I signed up for it. Here is my usage history. When I add all the calls up it comes to the 24 minutes it says I have used, even though some of those minutes were incoming calls.

@MaryAnnM

I have removed the picture of your phone call history.  Please, never post that kind of thing here. It can be seen by anyone with an internet connection.  Although I have deleted it from your message, you must still removed it from your Community account by going into the My Profile/My Photos section.

As for your incoming calls, they will still be recorded in your usage history even if those types of minutes are unlimited.

MaryAnnM

I purchased the plan just this month, and it said incoming calls were free when I signed up for it. Here is my usage history. When I add all the calls up it comes to the 24 minutes it says I have used, even though some of those minutes were incoming calls.

edited by computergeek541: removed picture of call history

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@MaryAnnM 

When did you purchase your $15 plan?  If you purchased the plan when the plan first came out, the $15 plan did not include unlimited incoming.  100 minutes included both incoming and outgoing.  if that is the case, you will need to change plans to the "new" $15 plan at your next renewal date.  

Call forwarding, checking your voice mail - both count towards your minutes. Minutes are also rounded up to the nearest minute.  

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Can you post a copy of your usuage history masking any personal info ?

Need Help? Let's chat.