cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Holiday Giveaway Expire

Rid123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I have 500 minutes to call International countries, US and Canada along with 2GB of free data  it is a Holiday Giveaway. Do these minutes and data expire?

15 REPLIES 15

`

@Scamp wrote:
  1. Mine expired 

Long distance add-ons for use while you're in Canada never expire.  If it's no longer listed, that means that you've used all the minutes up.

Scamp
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
  1. Mine expired 

PUIHA

PM is very generous on this promotion offer

no expiry until you use up the data and long d minutes 

I already notify all my PM friends 😁

MichNeill

That's pretty sweet that they don't expire!

kapid11
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey, @Rid123  !

Congratulations on receiving the holiday 2GB bonus! Must feel pretty nice to have an extra 2GB of data to be able to use for your convenience!

The even better news is, your 2GB Data Bonus Add-on doesn't have an expiry date! The 2GB add-on will remain on your account until you have used up all of it.

The way your data gets used in a regular month will first be by using the standard amount of data that comes with your monthly plan. Once you have used up your data allowance for the month, then you still start going into using part of your 2GB Bonus. 

The same applies for the 500 minutes to call international countries!

The add-on will rollover forever until you have used it all up! 

Here is a link with more information if you would like: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/data-usage-carryover

Hope this helps! 🙂

Cheers

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I just love these freebies, no other company even comes close with these type of stuff

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Rid123 

@Rid123 wrote:

Hello,

I have 500 minutes to call International countries, US and Canada along with 2GB of free data  it is a Holiday Giveaway. Do these minutes and data expire?

Because they do not  expire its a nice buffer, when you run out of Data. enjoy it

Totally agree,  @darlicious 

I would never RELY on getting those PM notifications. 

Always best to do a quick self serve check to be sure!!

@HALIMACS 

Interesting....I have heard you can get these warnings when you have almost used up all of your data. (plan and add ons) I try to give new members a warning as this can be expensive lesson if you burn thru 4 out of 5 gb of add on data ( or more including plan data.) Or in my case 15gb or more......

Hi @darlicious 

You wrote:  "It is important to set your data warning and limiter in your phone as you will not get a plan data warning when you have a data add on in your account. Normally these would occur at 75% and 90%."

In our cases, there was a 75 and 90% data warning on the combined data availability in both plan and add on data. 

Truth be told I didn't think there would be either. I believe this notification is inconsistent and still would support your suggestion for a phone-based data counter / app of some sort. 

@Rid123 

At public mobile add ons (other than US roaming add ons)  are one time purchases or gifts that do not expire. They will remain on your account until completely used.

Keep in mind if you are on a limited minute plan ($15/100 outgoing minutes) and you use all of your plan minutes you will start to use the international minutes. If you can actually use the international minutes then a better option to supplement the $15 plan is the $5/500min add on.

The 2gb data add on will kick in if you use up all of your plan data. It i  important to set your data warning and limiter in your phone as you will not get a plan data warning when you have a data add on in your account. Normally these would occur at 75% and 90%.

Rid123

thank you

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

They will remain in your account until they have been used up.

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Rid123 They stay in your account until you use them all up, no expiry date. Enjoy

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Rid123 wrote:

Hello,

@Rid123 

They don't expire time wise.  Unused minutes and data will roll over to next month.  Once used up, then the add on will be gone.  

Need Help? Let's chat.