cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free 5GB PROMO. Add-on connected to plan or account?

macsal
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

EDITED Question, as original was not on-point.

Regarding:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/More-is-Merrier-is-back-Free-gifts-for-...

Regarding: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Boxing-Week-Savings-Get-your-second-mon...

If someone wanted to downgrade their plan to the $15 plan after the free 2nd 30-day cycle is renewed, do the two addo-ons does the 5GB add-on stay on your account?

• 2GB Add-on and/or Free Holiday Giveaway
  • 500min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US)
70 REPLIES 70

@Janiecyr17 

We can help but you need to be more detailed in what you need help or advice with....but start with registering your email for the promo.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/EXTENDED-FLASH-SALE-Get-your-second-mon...

Janiecyr17
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Looking how to go About this?

Jagjeet004

Is it free on the same plan rate

@K_Sto 

I'm reading your post to say you had to pay for your first renewal which should not have been the case. The moderators will likely blame it on a glitch. Contact the moderators via the chat bubble at the bottom right corner of your screen. Put "promo not applied" and "human" and follow the prompts to submit your ticket.

Keep an eye on your private message box at the top right corner of your screen (the envelope icon next to your avatar) for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times. Current wait times are a couple of hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent issues.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@K_Sto wrote:

I’m just curious, I submitted my email address on the main page to receive the 5Gb promo as well as a free month. I recently paid my first months bill and there has been no promo added to my account. My husband did the exact same thing and his promo was added within a few days. Did something go wrong? 

You will receive it within 30 days from activation. 

K_Sto

I’m just curious, I submitted my email address on the main page to receive the 5Gb promo as well as a free month. I recently paid my first months bill and there has been no promo added to my account. My husband did the exact same thing and his promo was added within a few days. Did something go wrong? 

@Leaving 

Locking in the canada wide $35 plan with 2.5gb and then getting an extra 1gb for 8 months gives you plenty of data to play with for 8 months. After that you can probably manage with 2.5gb all at $33 a month w/autopay. Then you will be about a month away from some xmas freebies from pm that will likely give you a data add on to cushion your plan data. Then you will be almost at your first loyalty reward and down to $32. Some community work and a couple of friend referrals.....your plan will be under $30 in no time....

@ra1ne 

There was confirmation by @Phil330  that immediately before renewal (like maybe an hour) the data ( and in Phil's case) the 30 day credit was added. It was the first I had heard of the "system" automatically adding credits/promos like that....so just be patient.

BTW....don't freak out when you see your account "expired" and then "suspended" thats normal in the renewal process. As long as you have service your're good to go...

Leaving
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Wish I could have got this. Probably would have stayed.

The current $35 plan with the promo is pretty intriguing. I like having data and 2gb min. is probably sufficient/month but some of these promos appear to get it over 4gb or am I misunderstanding?

I was never short of data when I had PM but my $40+ bill was just too expensive  for me.

Spudster

@ra1ne wrote:

Day 27 since activation for me and still no promos. 

And before y’all give me any more unhelpful advice, the moderators have already contacted me on two different occasions telling me to wait out the full 30 days

Unhelpful?

Huh.

It's almost like someone believes we're being richly rewarded for trying - not the case. 

Good luck with the Moderators.

macsal

@ra1ne wrote:

And before y’all give me any more unhelpful advice, the moderators have already contacted me on two different occasions telling me to wait out the full 30 days

@ra1ne Were the Moderators able to tell you these promos WILL be applied? Pushing it close to the 30 days, I would say. Must be a manual step to add these promos to accounts, as it seems different for others.

Hopefully soon for you!

ra1ne
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Leaving 

How much data do you require each month? What is your budget? Since all the third tier providers are about the same with their plans you have to decide whether your going to hop from promo to promo or come back to pm and work the rewards in your favour.

Had you commited to pm when you started over a year ago you would have at least one year of loyalty ($1), autopay ($2) spend a little time in the community ($1 or even $2) =  $4 or $5 off your bill every month. You can't get that any where else. Additionally you would have the free gifts of 400 + 500 min of international calling and 1gb + 2gb data add ons just by sticking around. If you are commited pm will pay off in the long run. 

At the very least register your email today (last day to do so) for the lunar new year promo so you have that option to activate and explore the CCS activation promotion of 15% to 50% off the first month and a free sim card.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Leaving 

Yes, after 90 days without renewal your account is closed. You will need a new SIM card and activation. All loyalty or referrals you may have had are also gone.

Leaving

Hi. A mod I have been communicating with says my account was inactive past 90 days so 'everything' has been deactivated.  Is "deactivated" the right word?  So, I would need a new activation, if I understand accurately. 

Edit:  The mod explained it as, "the account was closed."

I didn't port the PM #.  I think it's gone or released.  Whatever the terminology is. 

I signed up with another carrier but already have an issue.  I like the phone # though. I would like to keep it this time. I wasn't able to port my FM #.  Getting tired of switching providers and searching for "deals."  My problem is trying to secure a low price/mth with enough data.  😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Leaving : did you port the number you had here out? If so, that account is dead.

The marketing department here leaves much to be desired. These promos are almost always for new activations.

If you think you still have an account here then did you try the Forgot your password? link? If you can look in all your inboxes for the Welcome email from here when you activated then that would be your login id to the self-serve. It's _probably_ the same as the email address attached to your community account but it could be different.

No it wasn't a rant. Respectful and understanding. Much appreciated.

Leaving

No, I didn't realize that. 

Why did it send me the offer or allow me to click acceptance of the offer then?  I can go back in my emails and check that stuff but right now, the biggest issue is not being able to access self-serve. 

I cannot even change my password to "start over" because it doesn't accept my email address.  I rebooted, cleared cache,  used other browsers,  too.

I switched to a different provider for now but I wanted to check my self-serve account for something.  I am having a data issue so I would consider PM in the future.  I have a new phone # I like and I think I lost the PM issued number.

I am resigned to the fact or what I believe, there isn't any good "deals" in the "budget" tier prepaid mobile plans.  😞

There's always some major problem or issue(s) in my experience.  I give up.  Surrender.  Is this a rant? If so, it's a minor one. 😞  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@voobrien wrote:

I did get my 2nd month free, but still haven't received my 5gb of data. 

@voobrien : Did you sign up on the $15 plan? Or higher?

voobrien

I did get my 2nd month free, but still haven't received my 5gb of data. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry @voobrien. Apparently you're subscribed to this thread so you got notification of any reply. Yes, my reply was to Leaving.

@voobrien 

I believe @Anonymous  was referring to @Leaving. The way this promo rolled out was very YMMV thats why I asked when in the first 30 days did you recieve your 30 day credit. Regardless the moderators will add it once contacted and you verify your account.

voobrien

I do realize that, and it was a new activation and new sim card. So I don't know what the problem is with getting my 5gb data offer that was offered at the time of my activation.

@Anonymous...

wishful thinking again !!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good grief. I thought you left. Without reviewing your entire life history here, you do realize that the 5GB offer was for NEW activations right. New SIM and registered and activated using a new email address.

Leaving

Can you help me, Mod Team?

@voobrien 

Follow @kb_mv instructions on how to contact a moderator. When did you recieve your 30 day credit? Your plan amount is $25+ when you activated?

@voobrien wrote:

Its been over 30 days since I signed up. I signed up on January 8 or 9 and still haven't received my 5gb of data promotion.

@voobrien Sure seems like you were overlooked. Contact a moderator for help.

How to Open a Ticket / Contact Moderators

1. Click Chat Bubble and type "Open Ticket"

2. Click "Contact PM Support"

3. Select "Account Specific Question"

4. Click "No, I Need A Human Now"

5. Select the link "Click Here To Submit A Ticket"

6. This opens a new window. Log in with Community Account NOT your self serve.

7. Provide log in info of Self Serve account.

8. Follow prompts.

voobrien

Its been over 30 days since I signed up. I signed up on January 8 or 9 and still haven't received my 5gb of data promotion.

@voobrien 

The addition of the 5gb data add on bonus and the 30 day credit has been very YMMV with the addition being at any time within the 30 days. And we have learned for the first time that the "system" automatically applied both the 30 day credit and the 5gb data add on just before renewal. If you cannot afford to lose your service make sure you have autopay enabled or top up your account then cross your fingers and toes and hope for the best. 

On day 31 contact the moderators if you dont have it on your account.

@voobrien wrote:

Still waiting on my GB data

@voobrien   When did you activate?  If it's been longer than 30 days and you met all the terms and conditions of the promo then you now need to submit a ticket to moderators via chatbot and follow the prompts here: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  or you can send a private message to Moderator_Team here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.