cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free 5GB PROMO. Add-on connected to plan or account?

macsal
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

EDITED Question, as original was not on-point.

Regarding:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/More-is-Merrier-is-back-Free-gifts-for-...

Regarding: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Boxing-Week-Savings-Get-your-second-mon...

If someone wanted to downgrade their plan to the $15 plan after the free 2nd 30-day cycle is renewed, do the two addo-ons does the 5GB add-on stay on your account?

• 2GB Add-on and/or Free Holiday Giveaway
  • 500min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US)
70 REPLIES 70

voobrien
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Still waiting on my GB data

@RFG1981 

Unfortunately some customers get missed so you will have to contact the moderators and ask them to credit your account the missing promotions. Follow @Triguy  instructions to contact the moderators.

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours during working hours but with non urgent issues be prepared to wait up to 48 hours. Wait times seem to have improved and are (hopefully) back down to a few hours....

Keep an eye on your private message box (the envelope icon) next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little bubble to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

@RFG1981 You would need to submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

RFG1981

Hi so my renewal date has arrived and I have not recorded my free month and I have not recorded the bonus 5 gig of data. I activated my phone on the 11th of January and had to activate before the 15th so I should qualify can you look into this  please. 

@dave-420 wrote:

Ok what is ccs?  I'm not very tech savy so the more info.u .can provide the better to.help me. First off is there.another promo like this.. I just seen a bunch of posts about a 5 gig promo and I wasn't sure if was to do.with the more the merrier promo.. 

CCS is short for the name of a company who sells SIM cards and vouchers.

dave-420
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ok what is ccs?  I'm not very tech savy so the more info.u .can provide the better to.help me. First off is there.another promo like this.. I just seen a bunch of posts about a 5 gig promo and I wasn't sure if was to do.with the more the merrier promo.. 

EF23

I guess because they took my payment out for February month already

@EF23  

Has your plan renewed? Contact the moderators and ask them to add it.

EF23

I didn’t receive my free month on my promotion 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dcoulter56 : The marketing department rarely gets the wording clear. That promo and the new year one said 30 business days. They've said that for several other promos. And then the current promo says 30 days which is right...certainly for the first renewal.

So technically, by the wording, one or the other or both parts of the promos could be up to 30 business days. Silly.

dlambro
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi Don,

Did you receive the 2nd month free amount on your bill yet?  The 5gb data add on will be applied "within 30 business days of activation" as per the promotion terms.  If you received the 2nd month free, then you will get the 5GB data as long as you activated a plan worth $25/m or more.  The $15/m plan (talk and text plan) does not qualify for the 5gb data add on bonus. 

Hope this helps. 

@dcoulter56 

You will need to contact moderator again unfortunately.  Moderators should be able to credit your account as long as  you meet the terms and conditions of the promotion.  

dcoulter56

Good morning:

I had sent a message back when I first signed up with public mobile in January. Just before Christmas 2020 I applied for the promo to receive 1 month free and an additional 5 GB of data if I signed up for a new account before Jan 15, 2021. I did that and never got the promo. I got a response from your team saying if I received the follow up email, which I did, it would automatically add to my account on my first bill. Well, I received that bill today and the promo was not added to my  account. What should I do now?

thx  Don

@WaseemBa wrote:

Yes I should have  1 month free and 5 Gb after activate new sim but  I did get anything 

When did you activate?  From the conditions of the promotion, these would have been in your account within 30 days of activation.

WaseemBa

Yes I should have  1 month free and 5 Gb after activate new sim but  I did get anything 

@dave-420 

Sign up thru CCS you'll get an additional discount and Sim cards are $1.89. Then suspend your current plan via lost/stolen the day before renewal. You have 90 days to unsuspend and pay...best to do it on day 85. Then do the same with the new account. Don't forget to refer yourself.

dave-420
  • Can I use the my current sim card for a new account? And just let my current plan expire 

dave-420

Ok I thought it had something to do with auto pay. I pay manually every month. I'd still like to get this promotion so can I just cancel and sign up again with a new number using the same sim?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dave-420 wrote:
  • I already have a plan that I pay manually every month. Am I able the recieve the 5 gig of free data and 1 month free if I sign up with auto pay? 

@dave-420 

You can always add new accounts. But this promo is not applicable to existing accounts.

dave-420
  • I already have a plan that I pay manually every month. Am I able the recieve the 5 gig of free data and 1 month free if I sign up with auto pay? 

@morrobinson 

If you also note the credit was added to @macsal account 20 days after activation and within the 30 days as described in the terms and conditions of the promotion. Has it been more than 30 days since you activated? Has it been more than 25 days?

@morrobinson wrote:

I did not get this on my new plan

@morrobinson What is your plan and how long have you been waiting?

morrobinson

I did not get this on my new plan

@macsal 

Thanks for the update now we have a time frame for its application.

macsal
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@macsal wrote:

Signed up with the "Second month (30-day renewal) free promo and 5GB add-on". 

For others who may be wondering, when will you get the 5GB on your account?

Mine shown up 8 days after activating. 🙂

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Boxing-Week-Savings-Get-your-second-mon...

Thanks PM!

My posts are merged?, or well, this is just FYI and information sharing anyways.

The Promo for 2nd month free (well 2nd 30 days free) as been applied to my Available Funds. It showed up in 20 days from my activation date.

Thank you PM! 😊

macsal_0-1611009934547.png

@Robert9 

Go to the current promotion sign up. Enter the other 3 email addresses. Wait until about day 25 of each plans 30 day cycle. If by then the credits havent been applied contact the moderators to add them.  There are customers who recieved the promos by entering the email afterwards. The precedent has been set plus you  have the transcript of the pm employee not being clear on the conditions of the promotion.

Just wait until day 25 as the moderators are overwhelmed right now and need to clear the backlog.If you have issues with the moderator adding it I can supply the precedents for you just send me a private message.

@Robert9 

If you did not sign up the other email addresses before activation, you did not meet the criteria on the other accounts.  However, some customers have been able to ask moderators to credit account even though they did not meet the criteria.  

To contact moderator via 2 methods:

1. Ticketing system - faster response time

Click on the blue chat bubble icon on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

or

2 Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Robert9 

Hmm this says otherwise. 

Screenshot_20210112_223044.jpg

Each account needs its own sim and own email address. You would have had to put each email on the promotion link to make it eligible then proceed to activate an account under that email. 

Robert9

Hi again,

This time I'm writing from another account - I opened four accounts at the same time. This account is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I contacted an agent to discuss opening multiple accounts before I did so. It was my understanding that the Boxing Day Promo would apply to all four accounts. The agent did not make mention that it was necessary to submit four separate email addresses. I followed through and opened four accounts with four separate emails. I am including the text conversation below.

I would like the Boxing Day Promo applied to all four accounts. One has received the promo, one is in the process (I believe), and there are two I need to pursue further.

Thanks,

Robert 

All of our agents are currently serving other customers. There is 1 person ahead of you in the queue.

[15:14] Info

Our systems are currently experiencing longer than normal wait times. We are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. If your question is urgent, please remain on the chat and the next available agent will be with you.

You are now chatting with Walter Roberto

[15:15] Robert

Hi, I'm thinking of setting up 4 lines for my family. I'm interested in the $25 plan. Is there an extra incentive for 4 lines?

[15:16] Walter Roberto

Hi Robert , Welcome to Public Mobile Live Chat, what questions do you have today?

[15:16] Robert

Hi, I'm thinking of setting up 4 lines for my family. I'm interested in the $25 plan. Is there an extra incentive for 4 lines?

[15:16] Walter Roberto

Since our plans are prepaid all of them are designed to work individually so no couple or group discounts are applicable

[15:16] Robert

Also, would I get 5GB of free data on any plan $25/mo or more.

[15:17] Robert

okay

[15:17] Robert

So, 5GB of free data for each plan

[15:18] Walter Roberto

however, once the account are created all of them generate an individual referral code that can be applied in each others accounts so you can get a one time credit of $10 each of you and an additional $1 off for each referral so it would be $3 off for each referral

[15:18] Robert

Would that bring down the monthly cost?

[15:19] Robert

to $22

[15:19] Walter Roberto

the $25 plan is the 1 gb of data along with one time bonus 5 Gb for plans $25 or above along with your second month of service free to each of you

[15:19] Robert

Normally the accounts are set up by the client online, correct? I don't need to contact a customer representative I assume

[15:20] Walter Roberto

that is correct! $22 monthly and if you add a credit card for autopay you will get additional $2 off each month

[15:20] Robert

Okay. The 5 GB - does that stay with the account until used?

[15:21] Robert

very good

[15:21] Walter Roberto

Since it is a one time data bonus, you will start spending the data included in your plan, once its over, the bonus data will be entering in use, however, if you still have data from the bonus, all remaining amount will roll over to the next renewal period and so on, until its completely depleted.

[15:21] Robert

Is it a simple mater to retain existing telephone numbers? The numbers are on active lines with another company

[15:22] Walter Roberto

Yes you can

[15:22] Walter Roberto

the process is named porting request and it is very simple, to start a porting request all you need to do is, get a Public Mobile SIM card, create a PM account, some specific information such as the phone number you want us to port, the account or IMEI number, will be required upon activation; as an additional note, your old carrier's account must remain active at the moment of submitting your porting request, once its status changed to Complete it automatically cancels your old service provider's account, the phone number changes immediately as soon as the porting request status changes to Complete, however, for your services to be working properly it may take between half an hour to 2 hours for a wireless line or up to 2 business days for a landline.

edited by computergeek541: account information removed

Robert9

Yes, I used the same email that is attached to this account.

Need Help? Let's chat.