cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free 5 gigs for new activations

tweets83
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there... Does anyone know the answer to these questions? 

When does the free 5 gigs get applied? 

I activated at a kiosk and they advised me of it, but I don't see it on the account? 

In addition, I was told that I would get a credit for the cost of the SIM, along with the free month, and the referral credit and those don't show either....

10 REPLIES 10

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@aikomaekubo  No need to worry. When you entered your email on the promo link next page would have said you're eligible and offer you options to either buy a SIM card or activate a sim card.

Sounds like you did everything right.

If you used a referral code for a $10 signup bonus that will be applied within 72 hours of activation..

Don't forget to collect your free holiday gifts .

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/More-is-Merrier-is-back-Free-gifts-for-...

And don't forget to post for the holiday contest.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Community-Holiday-Contest/m-p/628513

Happy Holidays!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jb456 , @darlicious : and here I shake MY head. Buddy finds his way to this thread and even says me too and then asks the exact same thing that has been answered and that he had apparently read the thread. Sigh.

aikomaekubo

Thank you for a prompt reply.  I guess I'll have to wait for 30 days to see if the free add-on kicks in then.  Thank you for your help.

@aikomaekubo 

As per the terms of the promotion. 30 days.

Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days of activating. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.

Eligible customers will be credited the add-on bonus within 30 business days of activating if applicable.

aikomaekubo

Hi.  I'm new to Public Mobile since Dec 26th.  I also don't see free 5GB and free one month fee on my account.  

I registered my email for Boxing Week Savings first.  Then, I activated $25 plan using the same email address.  It's only today (3 days after my email registration and activation) that I received an email confirmation from Public Mobile that my email was "received and is eligible for the limited time flash sale."  The email asks me to activate by Jan 15th.   

Is there anyway to verify that I'm getting the Boxing Week savings now?  I'm worried if I should have activated only after I got the email confirmation...  but, there's no indication that I would receive an email confirmation...  Please help?

@tweets83 wrote:

Thanks for the quick response...

I was told about the SIM card credit by 3 different Koodo kiosks..

Are you sure about that???

For the rest, I'm happy to wait 🙂

Sorry, but there is no such thing as a SIM card credit. As to your question about if I'm sure, yes, I'm absolutely certain. Sometimes, retailers will say that the referral credit is to offset the cost of the SIM card, but that's because the amounts are the same. They aren't seperate things.

tweets83

Thanks for the quick response...

I was told about the SIM card credit by 3 different Koodo kiosks..

Are you sure about that???

For the rest, I'm happy to wait 🙂

pubwmob
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

its coming, just be patient!

@tweets83 wrote:

Hi there... Does anyone know the answer to these questions? 

When does the free 5 gigs get applied? 

I activated at a kiosk and they advised me of it, but I don't see it on the account? 

In addition, I was told that I would get a credit for the cost of the SIM, along with the free month, and the referral credit and those don't show either....

Did you first register your e-mail address at: Boxing Week Savings (publicmobile.ca)

If conditions of the promotion were met, the 5GB add-on will arrive in your account within 30 days.

There is no credit for the cost of the SIM card. If a retailer doensn't want to charge for the SIM card, that's their decision.

If you were referred, the $10 credit will show within 72 hours of acivation.

Need Help? Let's chat.