cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free 1g data doesn't work

Canlan54a
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just logged in to my account and added the holiday bonus free 1 gb data and free international minutes. Both are now showing in my addons however the free data is not working on my phone. Data is enabled on my phone. Ihave tried diabling and re enabling the sim slot and also tried rebooting the phone. All other functionality is working as it should, just no data.

Thanks

19 REPLIES 19

Canlan54a

Log in to your pm account. Go to the plan and addons, purchase addons page. At the top of your data purchase options you will see 1gb free  $0. Select this to purchase. There is no charge.

Kim1971kim

That’s not good.

how did you claim the data? I can’t seem to find it

Canlan54a

Not sure where this should be posted but I just wanted to express special thanks to Mod - Jose my first professional point of contact who parsed all the facts of the data issue I was having and passed me on to Tech  - Robbie who walked through some special slightly out of main stream tweaks to my apn setup specific to my particular phone, and got me up and running.

Both of these individuals in addition to their help and getting the job done, were very friendly, professional and particularly patient and is greatly appreciated!  Special thanks also to the others in the community who tried to help.

Thanks again! Rob

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Canlan54a wrote:

Thanks for your reply z10, although i am aware about not being able to change back. I would just like the offer to work for me on my current plan as i understand it should...as far as the account suspension time is concerned, it will actually only work out to about 83 days, so i shouldbe ok.

I should've also said that my main account is also the $10 plan.

Even "official" APN settings might need some tweaking.

But still...you said it didn't work on another phone.

Canlan54a

Thanks for your reply z10, although i am aware about not being able to change back. I would just like the offer to work for me on my current plan as i understand it should...as far as the account suspension time is concerned, it will actually only work out to about 83 days, so i shouldbe ok.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Canlan54a wrote:

Yes textingand voice working fine, just no data. I assume your plans included some kind of data to begin with, my $10 plan does not.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, I have 2 accounts. One had the fast consumption problem last night. Now fixed. It started as the $25 plan to get a 5gb promo offered a few months ago. I then switched down to the $10 plan. When the summer gift arrived, data pulled from that bucket. I eventually used it all and it went back to the 5gb. Then I picked up this gift and it drew from this new one.

My other account still pulls from an older 200mb bucket that very generously got added to by the mods some time ago. I rarely use data on this account because I use the other account as a hotspot. I still have the summer data and now this data.

So..with that...the $10 plan is no longer being offered so be aware of that if you change plans...you can't go back.

I wonder if you were to try setting network settings to not use LTE and use 3G (HSDPA) instead. But you said it's the same result in another phone so maybe not.

Be aware that if your account goes into suspension for 90 days...it will deactivate and you're no longer a customer.

Canlan54a

Yes generous corporate promotion... If it works for everyone

Canlan54a

Yes textingand voice working fine, just no data. I assume your plans included some kind of data to begin with, my $10 plan does not.

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Canlan54a wrote:

Just logged in to my account and added the holiday bonus free 1 gb data and free international minutes. Both are now showing in my addons however the free data is not working on my phone. Data is enabled on my phone. Ihave tried diabling and re enabling the sim slot and also tried rebooting the phone. All other functionality is working as it should, just no data.

Thanks

Very strange ....... my family has  4 plans ..all for iPhones...without any silly 3rd party apps..... added to all the generous PM Holliday promotion data and international voice without any problems.....all 4 phones still work fine on data, voice and texting. 

Canlan54a

Anybody with this same issue having any response yet?

Canlan54a

My account is currently active until 16th of the month with no money in the account. Anyway i  was curious about possibly switching to a plan with data at a later date just to try it, but if its this much of a hassle with this outfit i may just skip the idea altogether. At the moment i would only make use of it till the end of the week, as i will be overseas for the next few months and not topping up again till i return, so unfortunately most of it would be wasted, especially if it doesnt roll over anyway.

@Canlan54a 

If the data does not work in both phones, likely a PM service issue.  You may need to contact moderator to check your account status. 

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

Canlan54a

Have tried network reset and removing and reinstalling the sim as well as the things i mentioned in my other posts

Canlan54a

One is an acer t06 dual sim and the other a moto g5 play

Canlan54a

Also tried the sim in my other phone with the same result. All other functions working

@Canlan54a 

Which model phone do you have?

Maybe try a network reset.

Canlan54a

Also apn settings ap­pear automatically and the default is ex­actly
the one showing in the link you just se­nt

Canlan54a

Currently on the $10 no data plan.however i know data willwo­rk normally on this phone as i use it on another sim card wh­en i'm in nz

@Canlan54a wrote:

Thanks

Did you data work before this add-on?  (if your plan had data)

If data didn't work before either (or if you never had data): Many times, it's a matter of setting the APN settings.  Here's a good place to start:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-set-up-data-APN-on-my-smartp...

Need Help? Let's chat.