cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free 1GB data addition question

michelle1986
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I technically have two phones on Public Mobile plans, I received the message on both of them about the free one gigabyte of data. The first phone I have has the one gigabyte of data applied to the account but I never received the text message like the original one I got which stated it was finally applied. Second phone hasn't received it at all nor has it received the confirmation text either that the data has been applied to the account. Are they coming out staggered? It's been a week since I've basically received the message on both phones. Where the initial text message said we'd be notified when it was applied to the account and the first phone never got that message but got the data is the same thing going to happen with my other phone? I'm still relatively new to public mobile I've only been with them for a year and this is my first time messaging in the community

15 REPLIES 15

@ Congratulations! I guess that's the prize for being xenophobic. 😂 kidding! 

Geez.....one must pay attention to the dates of these threads. I was about to go look at my accounts thinking "Well I didn't get a text message......" then I saw the date. Well I'm happy to report I got the free 1gb data promo and yes they are still in both of my accounts! Thanks again public mobile!

You can purchase an add-on for 1GB for currently for $15.

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!

2020aprilpfk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need additional 1 geg of data for my plan

SGJV1

I have 4 accounts with Public mobile, and each phone received texts as per the free 1 GB data. It wasnt consisted at all, it was different times for all accounts. Nothing to be alarmed about as it will sort itself out. You will receive the free data just may be at differe

@michelle1986 wrote:

So I technically have two phones on Public Mobile plans, I received the message on both of them about the free one gigabyte of data. The first phone I have has the one gigabyte of data applied to the account but I never received the text message like the original one I got which stated it was finally applied. Second phone hasn't received it at all nor has it received the confirmation text either that the data has been applied to the account. Are they coming out staggered? It's been a week since I've basically received the message on both phones. Where the initial text message said we'd be notified when it was applied to the account and the first phone never got that message but got the data is the same thing going to happen with my other phone? I'm still relatively new to public mobile I've only been with them for a year and this is my first time messaging in the community

nt times for all 🙂

@billyjean007 wrote:

I received the free 1GB promo and I used up about 180 MB but one day it stopped working and now I'm data less. Someone help!

180MB according to your phone or is this an esimate?  If you log into your self-serve account, does it say how much you have left?  1GB is not much data and can be used up very quickly. 

billyjean007

I received the free 1GB promo and I used up about 180 MB but one day it stopped working and now I'm data less. Someone help!

bazizy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The rollout is staggerred. Wait a day or so to see. You can check data and data addons for confirmation.

tsparkle21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

37A44FDC-10DC-448B-BF3B-874D64204B7E.jpeg

I didn’t get a confirmation text but when I looked at my usage in Self-serve the 1gb was already there.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Drizzy  hopefully yours will be added tomorrow but it says it will be added by nexr Friday so anytime from now to then! 

Drizzy

I also got the text but it hasn't been added and i have used up my 5gbs for the month 

michelle1986

Thank you everybody

GR
Mayor / Maire

@michelle1986  I've got 7 lines with public mobile and not all got the text that for the 1gb but they are all eligible and today 3 of those got the 1gb promo and out of those 3 accounts 1 of them didn't get the text last week so it looks like everyone that's eligible will get it by the end of next week.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@michelle1986 

I'm in a similar situation. I have two accounts. One older. One newer. Both got the announcement text at slightly different times. The new one has received the data and the text. I think the data appeared before the text.

The older has neither last I looked.

The announcement says up to Sep 4.

Edit: I just looked...no data.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

They seem to be staggered all right. I have mine but wife hasn't recieved data yet. Be patient.

Need Help? Let's chat.