cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free 1000 CAN LD minutes

Seaninvancouver
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My plan is including unlimited Canada-wide talk and I have received Free 1000 CAN LD minutes.

Just wondering if there is any difference between two?  I guess those two are the same so there is no benefit from Free 1000 CAN LD minutes. Am I correct?

Thank you

12 REPLIES 12

Yes it should kick in and get you to your next renewal.

AE_Collector

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@egracek wrote:

I am on a limited 50 min monthly plan and have received a warning that I have only 10 minutes left.  When I use up the 10 minutes, will the Free 1000 CAN min automatically kick in?

Yes it will.

egracek
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am on a limited 50 min monthly plan and have received a warning that I have only 10 minutes left.  When I use up the 10 minutes, will the Free 1000 CAN min automatically kick in?

@geopublic wrote:
Are you sure they are only Canada wide and not US/Canada or International minutes? That doesn't make sense unless you were on the $15 plan when they gave out that free gift.

There were "complications" when PM issued this round of gifts.

Some people got data. Some got minutes. Some got what was initially promised. Some got what was promised to others. Some got nothing. Many complained.

So in the end, PM simply gave everybody 5GB and 1000mins. Even people with ($25 or higher) Unlimited Canada-wide Talk plans. "Everybody" who qualified, anyways.

I didn’t actually hear of anyone on a $25 or higher plan only getting 1Gb initially though anything is possible. Was to be 1Gb plus 1000 minutes to the $10 and $15 plans and 5Gb (only) to the $25 and higher plans. Most people on the $15 plan including both of my $15 plans seemed to be getting the 5Gb (only) rather than 1Gb and and 1000 minutes which caused a few people to be unhappy if they had no use for data but wanted the minutes so in the end they gave everyone 5Gb and 1000 minutes. ThUs people now have 1000 minutes with no use for that on the plan they are currently on BUT who knows, one day they may use it.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Seaninvancouver 

It was a shamozzle. Not everyone in BC or AB got the initial text. Not everyone got a confirmation back from it. People complained. Then some got 1gb when they should have got 5gb or others got 5gb when they should have got 1gb. People complained.  Then they just gave everyone 1 + 4 gb or 5gb and everyone got the 1000 minutes. People complained that what's the point of 1000 minutes on an unlimited plan.

People complained that Santa short-changed them or they didn't like the gift.

You just can't please everybody all the time.

@geopublic   Yes they are only Canada wide mins.  PM made a bit of a mess with free data and mins given to some customers in BC/Alberta recently.  Only accounts on limited mins were to get the 1000 mins but because of some confusion by PM, everyone who received the text offer got both data and mins regardless of what account they were on.

@dabr  Thanks for the clarification. PM, brilliant!! 🤔🙄

@geopublic wrote:

@Seaninvancouver wrote:

My plan is including unlimited Canada-wide talk and I have received Free 1000 CAN LD minutes.

Just wondering if there is any difference between two?  I guess those two are the same so there is no benefit from Free 1000 CAN LD minutes. Am I correct?

Thank you

@Seaninvancouver  Are you sure they are only Canada wide and not US/Canada or International minutes? That doesn't make sense unless you were on the $15 plan when they gave out that free gift.

@geopublic   Yes they are only Canada wide mins.  PM made a bit of a mess with free data and mins given to some customers in BC/Alberta recently.  Only accounts on limited mins were to get the 1000 mins but because of some confusion by PM, everyone who received the text offer got both data and mins regardless of what plan they were on.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Seaninvancouver wrote:

Thank you

@Seaninvancouver  Are you sure they are only Canada wide and not US/Canada or International minutes? That doesn't make sense unless you were on the $15 plan when they gave out that free gift.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Seaninvancouver wrote:

Thank you

@Seaninvancouver   Yes they're both the same and not needed for accounts with unlimited minutes.  If you want to use those mins then change (schedule at next renewal) to the $15 plan and change back to your original plan after you've used those free mins up.  Just a warning if you're on a grandfathered plan then changing to a different plan will mean you will lose your old plan if it's no longer offered by PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.