cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgot to change plan before renewal

bunchcole
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

2 days ago my plan renewed but I forgot to add data to it! Before, I was on a 30 day plan with talk and text and now it just renewed to a 90 day play with talk and text but I meant to add the 6GB data to it. This would bring the 90 day cost from $75 to $120. Is there any way I can just pay the difference so I can have data for the next 3 months?

7 REPLIES 7

@LEGOwrote:

@computergeek541 Please, don’t feel offended.

We don't want people to loose money! We all here to save them!

Don't worry.  I'm just trying to say that the customer has limited options with the way Public Mobile has set up the plan changes.  Customers have to either live with the current plan or change it now and lose whatever has already been paid.  It's the way the billing system has been set up.  I agree that doesn't seem fair.  I hope the moderators can help this person out. 

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@computergeek541 Please, don’t feel offended.

We don't want people to loose money! We all here to save them!

@LEGOwrote:

@computergeek541wrote:

If you really need the data, you coud just make the change now, but everything that you paid for your current talk and text only plan will be lost and you'll have to pay the full amount for new plan. 

Well... Sorry, but it is not a good suggestion!!!

I never said that it was a good suggestion. 

All I said was that could be done.  Without a moderator's help, those really are the only options, along with possibliy buying another plan from another carrier just for the data.

Please feel free to provide a suggestion that would be helpful.

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@computergeek541wrote:

If you really need the data, you coud just make the change now, but everything that you paid for your current talk and text only plan will be lost and you'll have to pay the full amount for new plan. 

Well... Sorry, but it is not a good suggestion!!!

As SD08 was saying, you could always try to ask the moderators for an exceptions. There's no guarantees but I realize that you're actually trying to give Public Mobile more money.

If that exception can't be made, your only choices would be to just finish this current 90 day period without data, or you could make the change now and lose the $75 that you've already paid.  I agree that isn't idea.  This happens because of the way the billing system is set up. It does not allow plan upgrades mid-billing cycle and it makes any change to a new plan replace the current one without issuing any credit for the unused time.

In the future, keep in mind that you can future-date plan changes so that any plan changes automatically takes effect at the start of the next plan renewal cycle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

you need send a private message to @Moderator_Team.

In your message put it, please include.

- your account number

- your phone number 

- your account PIN

- Detailed explanation of specific your issue

- them can help you a lot nice service Team

Good Luck

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Since it's only been a couple of days, you may be able to get the moderators to adjust it.  Click this Moderator_Team link to send a private message for assistance.  Include your PIN number, e-mail address, phone number, and the details of the plan you want.
More info on moderators:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Need Help? Let's chat.